Looking for recommendations for a MIFI device

Found 9th Aug
I have an iPhone on EE, the better half has an iPhone on BT. We go camping a lot and often end up in places with no mobile signal from our respective networks. Therefore I was wondering about investing in a MIFI.

Common sense would suggest getting one on a different network but other than that I’m stuck. Is it possible for a PAYG that I could front load with data for the year rather than a rolling contract?
Community Updates
Ask
13 Comments
Argos have EE device with 24gb data that lasts 12 months from activation PAYG £69.99 argos.co.uk/pro…551
Buy a sim free mifi device such as Huawei one and you can then buy a PAYG data sim from any network you want and slot it in the device. I got a 40GB sim from three. They also include Netflix, Soundcloud, TVPlayer without using data up.
I would check mobile coverage first, as above three is your best bet they have preloaded sims with 3,12,24 gig. If you cant get ee/bt, same company i think you may be struggling. I bought a tp link one from amazon a few years ago...unlocked works well
The EE Osprey are really good,and can be unlocked easy enough on the bay.
Don't go camping where there is no signal...…
aturner12315 h, 34 m ago

Buy a sim free mifi device such as Huawei one and you can then buy a PAYG …Buy a sim free mifi device such as Huawei one and you can then buy a PAYG data sim from any network you want and slot it in the device. I got a 40GB sim from three. They also include Netflix, Soundcloud, TVPlayer without using data up.

Hi, can I use a normal phone sim which has loads of data on these MiFi devices?
EN1GMA7 m ago

Hi, can I use a normal phone sim which has loads of data on these MiFi …Hi, can I use a normal phone sim which has loads of data on these MiFi devices?

Yep! its a full size sim card too
aturner12320 h, 8 m ago

Buy a sim free mifi device such as Huawei one and you can then buy a PAYG …Buy a sim free mifi device such as Huawei one and you can then buy a PAYG data sim from any network you want and slot it in the device. I got a 40GB sim from three. They also include Netflix, Soundcloud, TVPlayer without using data up.

I’ve never seen a 40gb tethering sim. 30gb max??
I’ve ordered Vodafone mifi device and getting 50GB sim for £30 per month on a rolling contact. I just want it for long car journeys over the holidays so going to cancel as soon as I activate so
I’m only paying this for 1 month. Apparently I can connect up to 10 devices.
No mobile signal equals no Internet

A mifi device won't help
chocci51 m ago

No mobile signal equals no InternetA mifi device won't help

Which is why I was looking at other networks which might offer coverage where EE/BT do not
Get the app to check places you have visited with no signal on your current networks vs the other three (three, o2 & Vodafone). Bt & Ee use the same network

ofcom.org.uk/pho…ker
Edited by: "chocci" 11th Aug
chocci8 m ago

Get the app to check places you have visited with no signal on your …Get the app to check places you have visited with no signal on your current networks vs the other three (three, o2 & Vodafone). Bt & Ee use the same network https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/advice/ofcom-checker

Cheers 🏻
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants