Looking for some advice from fellow gamers

Posted 20th Nov
To cut a long story short, my cousin has just beaten his battle with Cancer for the 2nd time in his life. The support he has been given from the people who looked after him has been phenomenal. We both (along with another friend) wanted to do something to help raise money towards defeating this horrible thing affecting so many people's lives.

We have heard of a 24 hour gaming marathon and as avid gamers this is something we decided to go for.

To help raise more interest we wanted to make it something that everyone could enjoy rather than just the same repetitive gameplay constantly. We have come up with the idea of trying to play 24 games in the 24 hours (of course an hour per game). We currently have a few in mind but are quite restricted due to needing them to be multiplayer and strictly on Xbox One. We all have Game Pass and a console each so can play any games from there. Alternatively we would be looking at any cheap games we could pick up? (I guess this is the first question, what games could we utilise on Game Pass or buy cheaply? A few we have so far are Halo MCC, Rocket League, that's really it)

Second question is for the streaming side of things, I have never done this before so would just be looking for some more tips here as well. Would it be possible to rotate our individual game play across one stream as well as the live footage of us? What equipment would we need also? Once again as cheap as possible would be ideal.

We won't be doing this for a while, we are currently looking at some time early 2020 to give us time to plan properly.

Many thanks in advance
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

15 Comments
Don’t really have the answer to your questions lol

But wanna wish your cousin all the best

Hope he has a long and joyful life

Why not get a list of all the games in game pass and that you can possibly play then say the top 24 sponsors pick the games you play. It might get the money up a bit
Great idea if you play any online games with others would love to be a part of this! Game pass wise I can think of few decent ones to kick it off - gears of war, world war z, forza horizon, rocket league
Edited by: "_Whatever_" 20th Nov
adil17120/11/2019 17:02

Don’t really have the answer to your questions lolBut wanna wish your c …Don’t really have the answer to your questions lolBut wanna wish your cousin all the bestHope he has a long and joyful life:)

Many thanks! He first had it in his early teens and has now just beaten it again in his mid-twenties. Its drained him completely again but now all the treatment is done he's on the way back up
toonsquirel20/11/2019 17:05

Why not get a list of all the games in game pass and that you can possibly …Why not get a list of all the games in game pass and that you can possibly play then say the top 24 sponsors pick the games you play. It might get the money up a bit

This is a cool idea, I'll have to try find a way to best see if the games are viable for us besides downloading them all and checking
iCoxyyyy20/11/2019 17:06

Many thanks! He first had it in his early teens and has now just beaten it …Many thanks! He first had it in his early teens and has now just beaten it again in his mid-twenties. Its drained him completely again but now all the treatment is done he's on the way back up

Bless him

Yeh you gotta keep reminding him

The only way is up now
_Whatever_20/11/2019 17:05

Great idea if you play any online games would love to be a part of this!

Thanks! Maybe we could try find a game with a massive multiplayer we could get a lot of people together for an hour for that game
iCoxyyyy20/11/2019 17:08

Thanks! Maybe we could try find a game with a massive multiplayer we could …Thanks! Maybe we could try find a game with a massive multiplayer we could get a lot of people together for an hour for that game

That would be great! One of my best mates has been battling cancer the last two years so anything to raise more awareness should be welcomed, plus I’m a huge gamer myself
A fantastic gesture to the phenomenal people that work in Marie Curie. I'm so happy for your cousin and hope he joins in what will be an epic night of gaming! Is there a just giving page or something we can donate too?
Maybe set up a Just Giving page on social media highlighting this, and perhaps ask for donations to join the 24hr gaming marathon which you can then put the money towards a cancer charity? So the more people the better? Good to know your cousin is getting better
STRICKIBHOY20/11/2019 17:35

A fantastic gesture to the phenomenal people that work in Marie Curie. I'm …A fantastic gesture to the phenomenal people that work in Marie Curie. I'm so happy for your cousin and hope he joins in what will be an epic night of gaming! Is there a just giving page or something we can donate too?

There will be some kind of donation page (most probably Just Giving) set up when we have everything set in stone, just so sponsors know exactly what will be happening. Will be sure to keep everyone updated when a page goes live!
sazzopardi197120/11/2019 17:43

Maybe set up a Just Giving page on social media highlighting this, and …Maybe set up a Just Giving page on social media highlighting this, and perhaps ask for donations to join the 24hr gaming marathon which you can then put the money towards a cancer charity? So the more people the better? Good to know your cousin is getting better

Planning to set up a page once we know the exact details of the marathon (Just do donors know what they're getting in return!). Thanks for the support
I'm not sure if you mean that you all plan on taking shifts over the 24 hours or plan to all individually stream for 24 hours at the same time? My partner has been involved in some charity streams before so I've picked his brain for you, but if I've misunderstood what your plan was it might make no sense

Assuming you're going to stream on Twitch and that you are all taking shifts.... you basically start the stream by inputting a code so it knows which channel to stream to. So you could set up a charity stream account where you get assigned a code and the first person uses the code on the first shift, then when the second person wants to take over they would input the same code and so on, this will allow you all to stream one after another on the same channel. I hope that makes sense, but if you actually meant that you all want to stream at the same time then I'll have to ask him again as I've just misunderstood

Also, when he used to stream for charity he found a lot of people liked donating via Tiltify so make sure the charity you want to support are registered on there!
Psychobunni21/11/2019 18:00

I'm not sure if you mean that you all plan on taking shifts over the 24 …I'm not sure if you mean that you all plan on taking shifts over the 24 hours or plan to all individually stream for 24 hours at the same time? My partner has been involved in some charity streams before so I've picked his brain for you, but if I've misunderstood what your plan was it might make no sense Assuming you're going to stream on Twitch and that you are all taking shifts.... you basically start the stream by inputting a code so it knows which channel to stream to. So you could set up a charity stream account where you get assigned a code and the first person uses the code on the first shift, then when the second person wants to take over they would input the same code and so on, this will allow you all to stream one after another on the same channel. I hope that makes sense, but if you actually meant that you all want to stream at the same time then I'll have to ask him again as I've just misunderstood Also, when he used to stream for charity he found a lot of people liked donating via Tiltify so make sure the charity you want to support are registered on there!

We are starting with very little knowledge at all so all this information is very handy so I appreciate that, so thanks!

We originally planned on doing 24 hours all 3 of us at the same time playing multiplayer games together, but we need to think if this is something we will be feasibly be able to do!
iCoxyyyy22/11/2019 20:27

We are starting with very little knowledge at all so all this information …We are starting with very little knowledge at all so all this information is very handy so I appreciate that, so thanks!We originally planned on doing 24 hours all 3 of us at the same time playing multiplayer games together, but we need to think if this is something we will be feasibly be able to do!

Ah if you're all streaming together then google multistream, it's a website people use to pull a few streams in to one!

Good luck with it all, 24 hours is difficult but ll for a worthwhile cause
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions