Looking for some help to find 2 quotes please !!!RESULT!!! 9.5.09

Found 29th Apr 2009
When you had out American fridge Freezer delivered the "chuckle brothers" that delivered it left the rather large box from the fridge freezer in the garden on a very windy day and it blew away taking 3 of my garden lights with it .... Curry's have asked us to provide them with 2 quotes for repair/replacement,

Now I dont know what is happening but I'm having major problems trying to find simular lights on the net or any where in the shops to be able to claim.

the following link is the only ones I can find althou these are for 10 lights not 8 but I'm sure thats ok....

Please note these are low voltage Garden lights and NOT solar powered one..

Any help would be appriciated

Thanks in advance

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
22 Comments

Tell them you've got one quote and you're having real difficulty getting a second quote. At the end of the day, it's only for them to compare and pay out on the lowest price, so you might just be getting a load of hassle for the sake of them saving a few quid.

Worth arguing the case with them, being as it was totally their fault in the first place.

Original Poster

I want to sure that I have all they are asking for and more. I will be sending in photo's of the damaged lights 2 so they can not draw this out any longer than need be, it took them over 3 weeks to send a claims form out !!!

Set of 6 ]Wicks.

Original Poster

cuzzy;5071297

Set of 6 ]Wicks.

Cheers... Really need 8 if any one can find any :thumbsup:

Original Poster

frollickingfrill;5070564

http://www.greatgardensonline.com/cgi-bin/trolleyed_public.cgi?action=showprod_GGLLIGHTS1

I was thinking of getting the ones in the link and then sending them the recepit.. do you think they will accept that as a "quote"

Why do you need 8? You got 8 in total and they going replace them all for you as you said 3 got damaged!

Just tell tell you can either get them individually or get more than they agreed and they should sort it out as they wont give extra!! :thumbsup:

Original Poster

You cant just replace one or infact 3 as these are electric lights and are not solar powered... I have 8 in the garden on one wire so the whole "8" will have to be replaced

frollickingfrill;5079013

You can just replace one or infact 3 as these are electric lights and are … You can just replace one or infact 3 as these are electric lights and are not solar powered... I have 8 in the garden on one wire so the whole "8" will have to be replaced

Say you need two sets:

amazon.co.uk/Rol…-39

Original Poster

Naeem786;5079080

Say you need two … Say you need two sets:http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rolson-Tools-60695-Garden-Stainless/dp/B000WDZJGU/ref=sr_1_39?ie=UTF8&s=garden&qid=1241087722&sr=8-39

You are missing the point :x I need low voltage [SIZE="5"]electric powered [/SIZE] [COLOR="Red"][SIZE="5"]not Solar powered lights [/SIZE][/COLOR] to replace my lights I have now :whistling:

frollickingfrill;5079166

You are missing the point :x I need low voltage [SIZE="5"]electric … You are missing the point :x I need low voltage [SIZE="5"]electric powered [/SIZE] [COLOR="Red"][SIZE="5"]not Solar powered lights [/SIZE][/COLOR] to replace my lights I have now :whistling:

Sorrrrrry for [SIZE="3"]trying[/SIZE] to help!!

Banned

surely a quick visit to B&Q or homebase will have it sorted

Original Poster

sassie;5079427

surely a quick visit to B&Q or homebase will have it sorted

Well you would of thought so Sassie... neither of them have any low volatge lights like the ones I have they only have the "Bollards" type ones. I need the ones that look like they are solar powered so they match the other ones I have in the garden..

I can't believe they are so hard to find... the ones that were damaged I bought from B&Q but never kept the reciept:x

Banned

frollickingfrill;5079746

Well you would of thought so Sassie... neither of them have any low … Well you would of thought so Sassie... neither of them have any low volatge lights like the ones I have they only have the "Bollards" type ones. I need the ones that look like they are solar powered so they match the other ones I have in the garden..I can't believe they are so hard to find... the ones that were damaged I bought from B&Q but never kept the reciept:x

How old are they, have you contacted B&Q to ask if they can help? maybe track some down for you, take one instore to show them, if you cant find any you going to explain to currys and see what they say, maybe they will replace them all

Original Poster

sassie;5079772

How old are they, have you contacted B&Q to ask if they can help? maybe … How old are they, have you contacted B&Q to ask if they can help? maybe track some down for you, take one instore to show them, if you cant find any you going to explain to currys and see what they say, maybe they will replace them all

They are about 6 months old.. i cant take one instore cos they are all linked together and dont want to dismantle them as of yet as the other 5 still work ... To add to it all we have laid the patio since and the wire runs under the patio into the house :-( they are going to HAVE TO REPLACE THEM ALL AS THEY ARE ALL CONECTED TOGTHER AND YOU CAN NOT GET RELACEMENT PARTS THE SAME AS i CANT FIND THE FULL SETS ANY MORE

Go through your bank statements and get the transction number and B&Q should have it on their system and they may be able to print out another invoice for you? Also about the connections if they are the same voltage you may be able to get an electrician or D.I.Y to use the connecters off the new lamps on the existing wire!! :thumbsup:

If you can get B&Q to get an invoice they may be able to get the same ones somehow?

Original Poster

Naeem786;5080019

Go through your bank statements and get the transction number and B&Q … Go through your bank statements and get the transction number and B&Q should have it on their system and they may be able to print out another invoice for you? Also about the connections if they are the same voltage you may be able to get an electrician or D.I.Y to use the connecters off the new lamps on the existing wire!! :thumbsup:If you can get B&Q to get an invoice they may be able to get the same ones somehow?

Good Idea about the bank statement but we paid buy cash :? I dont quite understand what you mean about the connections thou:?

frollickingfrill;5080069

Good Idea about the bank statement but we paid buy cash :? I dont quite … Good Idea about the bank statement but we paid buy cash :? I dont quite understand what you mean about the connections thou:?

I meant if the wires connect into an adapter which fits into the light, or do they run through the 8 lights without any seperate connection like fairy lights?

If its cash then dont know! :thumbsup:

Just tell them what you want, if they dont like it give them details and tell them to get you a replacement!!

Original Poster

Naeem786;5080103

I meant if the wires connect into an adapter which fits into the light, … I meant if the wires connect into an adapter which fits into the light, or do they run through the 8 lights without any seperate connection like fairy lights?If its cash then dont know! :thumbsup:Just tell them what you want, if they dont like it give them details and tell them to get you a replacement!!

The wire runs through all 8 lights so when it is pierced then the connection is made... i have called them and they have advised me to write a letter along with the claim to explain which is what i'm currently doing :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Result !!!:-D
I wrote them a letter along with the claims form and posted it last friday saying that i'm unable to find any quotes to replace the lights the same as I have however I would like to claim £45.99 for the cost of the original lights :thumbsup:

I got a letter this morning to say that the £[SIZE="3"]46[/SIZE] will be placed back into my bank account and they apologised for any inconvenience:thumbsup:

Banned

well done, glad you sorted it

Original Poster

sassie;5163742

well done, glad you sorted it

Thanks Sassie:thumbsup:
Post a comment
@
    Text