Looking for some suggestions on PC games....

I've recently bought a fairly decent spec'd laptop and now have a craving to go out and get some games - not necessarily latest releases - just decent ones.

As I haven't done any PC gaming over recent years I am a little out of touch with the names of decent titles or series - so am therefore asking the HUD community to help me out with some suggestions or ideas.

Looking for strategy based games such as the original C&C games and the Civilisation series (I'm also a Champ Man addict).

Thanks

So, does anyone have any recommendations or ideas? Bargain priced games would be appreciated!

12 Comments

If you like football, football manager is a must

thehut.com/gam…tml

There's a new c&c out lol!!!

Plants Vs Zombies is awesome. Action strategy game, I managed to find it in Currys for 97p and it's worth a fair bit more... get a demo ]HERE and check it out.

None-PC exclusives such as Fallout/Oblivion/Morrowind, Bioshock and Left 4 Dead are fantastic. The Orange Box is fantastic value for a load of top class games. More classic ones such as Deus Ex and Half Life are still worth playing.

Good list sorted by average score ]HERE.

Have a look at the top rated on metacritic (metacritic.com/gam…pc/) and read/watch some reviews on websites like gamespot and ign.

uk.gamespot.com/gam…asc Shows the latest rts games and their review score (I recommend you check the game on aswell as metacritic.com as they show reviews from many different websites)

I loved Bioshock and F.E.A.R

Original Poster

Benjimoron;8260088

There's a new c&c out lol!!!

thanks, the reviews are not great so think i am going to give it a miss

bishibashi;8260106

Plants Vs Zombies is awesome. Action strategy game, I managed to find it … Plants Vs Zombies is awesome. Action strategy game, I managed to find it in Currys for 97p and it's worth a fair bit more... get a demo ]HERE and check it out.None-PC exclusives such as Fallout/Oblivion/Morrowind, Bioshock and Left 4 Dead are fantastic. The Orange Box is fantastic value for a load of top class games. More classic ones such as Deus Ex and Half Life are still worth playing.Good list sorted by average score ]HERE.

thanks for the list - am still looking for PC only games - might take a look at plants v zombies

Check my post mate on Dawn of War, great game if you like strategy!

hotukdeals.com/ite…oas

civms47;8259987

If you like football, football manager is a … If you like football, football manager is a musthttp://www.thehut.com/games/platforms/pc/football-manager-2010/10053714.html

The amount of hours lol, I did my back in some years ago, and went from 98 to 2015/16 lol.

She was not happy, neither was the laptop :oops:

Original Poster

i still have the old school CM 01/02 disc which is awesome..... its like a time machine, before you know it 8 hours have passed and you've wasted another day :P

Original Poster

MattyPlant;8268730

Check my post mate on Dawn of War, great game if you like … Check my post mate on Dawn of War, great game if you like strategy!http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/647455/dawn-of-war-ii-gold-dowii-and-choas

is that like FPS strat game or is the camera angle like C&C where you control squads, build buildings etc?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie1215
    2. What's the most impressive 4k / UHD film you have seen at home?712
    3. Try buy that Minecraft Xbone Argos deal? 10% online code in your email!77
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767220

See more discussions