Looking for something to replace this laptop

3 replies
Found 2nd Jan
Hi all. So my current laptop has quite a few issues that need repairing and the cost of the parts feels like it may be a good time to upgrade to something more modern.

Can anyone recommend an upgrade from this?

Current specs: Dell inspiron 17r (n7110) intel i5-2410m 2.3ghz (2.7ghz with turboboost off the top of my head), 6gig ram DDR3L-1600, 256gb ssd, GeForce gt 525m graphics card (plus integrated) windows 10.

Looking for at least 15" screen (17" would be a bonus). Not massively into gaming anymore but I do some video encoding and photo editing. Want to get something that would justify an upgrade. Used to be quite computer savvy about 10 years ago but have kinda been lost since the i3,i5 etc series as it seems difficult to quickly compare newer models with old ones. E.g. It was easier to compare pentiums for instance.

Budget is £300-£500 but the cheaper the better.

Thanks in advance.

1. Ask
  2. Laptop
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. Laptop
3 Comments

Dell outlet have some bargains on there. You have to keep an eye as new stuff gets added every couple of days. The ones that are on there now are probably the rrp for those machines. Sometime they have an offer of free delivery or 10 or 20% off. I have 3 machines from there now all 17 inch laptops all sub £350 and work great.

have a look at Currys PC world. So many laptops there surely one will fit your bill.

I was in a similar situation recently, found an hardly used Envy Beats on Ebay i7 4070gm 8gig ram. Added another 8gig not that it needed it but plays vids and music sweet. £400 + £25 for the extra ram. So perhaps that's an option with some many people upgrading after christmas on eBay.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition47379
    2. Win free gin for a year88
    3. Win a short break for two at our hotel of the year: the Pointer, Bucks @ Su…44
    4. Magazine competitions - Issue 42 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1414

See more discussions