Looking for Suggestion: where to sell few handicraft items

Hi,
I am looking for suggestion as i have got a box full of handicraft items which i bought as samples when i planned to start small business. items consists of various ceramic door knobs, some tiles, some candle stands, few cloth hangers etc. see pictures. it cost me a fortune now i hope i can get few pounds back for them. every suggestion will be appreciated. thanks in advance.

24 Comments

Original Poster

http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa359/sb1609/DSCF0032.jpg

Original Poster

http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa359/sb1609/DSCF0033.jpg

Original Poster

http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa359/sb1609/DSCF0034.jpg

Original Poster

The following picture is of a small hanging light shade:

http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa359/sb1609/DSCF0035.jpg

Banned

you can add 5 pics per post, as i advised you in your fs thread, arrgghhhhhhh

ebay, local paper, gumtree, here (but you qould now have to wait 7 days from locking this)

Original Poster

The following picture is of few small vases:

http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa359/sb1609/DSCF0036.jpg

Who would buy these?...

Wotwot123

Who would buy these?...

i ahve no idea, they are awful

whatsThePoint

if you only have whats in the pic, freecycle will get you full market … if you only have whats in the pic, freecycle will get you full market value

Wotwot123

Who would buy these?...

Wotwot123

Who would buy these?...

Have you got to be nasty?

whatsThePoint

if you only have whats in the pic, freecycle will get you full market … if you only have whats in the pic, freecycle will get you full market value

Wotwot123

Who would buy these?...

Wotwot123

Who would buy these?...

Lol its not nasty really , just common sense.......imo they are worthy of only the bottom of a bin.

whatsThePoint

Wotwot123

Who would buy these?...

Wotwot123

Who would buy these?...

Do you actually think anyone is going to pay any decent money for a collection of random ugly ceramics, im no expert but arnt ceramics generally worthless second hand unless they are a premier brand?

Reminded me of the shop in Harry Enfield "I Saw you Coming"

lol

whatsThePoint

Wotwot123

Who would buy these?...

Wotwot123

Who would buy these?...

whatsThePoint

Wotwot123

Who would buy these?...

Wotwot123

Who would buy these?...

whatsThePoint

I was being realisticnot much call for a single knob most people want a … I was being realisticnot much call for a single knob most people want a set etcIf OP paid a fortune for samples its a loss that comes with setting up a new business,because there isn't much demand for secondhand samples

micoo

plumberman01 micoo i ahve no idea, they are awfulHave you got to be … plumberman01 micoo i ahve no idea, they are awfulHave you got to be nasty?Do you actually think anyone is going to pay any decent money for a collection of random ugly ceramics, im no expert but arnt ceramics generally worthless second hand unless they are a premier brand?

no i mean i actually agree but i think that it was harsh the way it was worded..

Hand-painted ceramic tiles are very expensive, even odd ones - anything from £5+ each.
Edited by: "fungimala" 1st Oct 2010

fungimala

Hand-painted ceramic tiles are very expensive, even odd ones - anything … Hand-painted ceramic tiles are very expensive, even odd ones - anything from £5+ each.

Wow!! Think I will give up my day job and start painting tiles in that case!

Shellywelly

Wow!! Think I will give up my day job and start painting tiles in that … Wow!! Think I will give up my day job and start painting tiles in that case!

You can have them made/painted in a specific colour at the local 'craft mill' but they are more expensive !

I would have thought you'd be able to sell them on as you bought them, as a sample pack.

Wait for another Ebay free listing day and then you can start at any start price and you won't be out on listing fees if they don't sell,you will be able to guage the market and see if there's any interest,
Edited by: "Domthedonkey" 1st Oct 2010

Don't photograph them on that carpet. Isn't there an online handicraft market folksy.com or sommit ?

do I need a trip to the opticians, or is that a cricket ball on the bottom left? Cricket handicraft?!

car booty maybe ?

Shellywelly

Wow!! Think I will give up my day job and start painting tiles in that … Wow!! Think I will give up my day job and start painting tiles in that case!

hmm me too!
what do they use odd tiles for? im clearly so ignorant sorry x

Odd tiles are usually placed randomly among plain coordinating ones as in ;
http://i986.photobucket.com/albums/ae347/fungimala/tiles.jpg

Original Poster

I would like to thank every single person who made a comment on my thread. Few have also made a point that how good was my thinking of loosing money in the business like this. I will follow advice of 'transit' and bin them. Thanks everyone for time and funny comments. Really appreciate the comments.

SB16

I would like to thank every single person who made a comment on my … I would like to thank every single person who made a comment on my thread. Few have also made a point that how good was my thinking of loosing money in the business like this. I will follow advice of 'transit' and bin them. Thanks everyone for time and funny comments. Really appreciate the comments.

Why don't you use them yourself?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. cheapest way to Get from BRIDLINGTON TO ACCRINGTON ??33
    2. Laptop screen backlight issue23
    3. Input Lag v Refresh rate on a TV..510
    4. Three connection89

See more discussions