Expired

Looking for the best 49" or 50" 4K smart TV deal for delivery for tomorrow please?

Found 10th Jul
Looking for the best 49" or 50" 4K smart TV deal for delivery for tomorrow please?

Thank you
Community Updates
Ask
9 Comments
You'll probably be looking at amazon prime. I've the hisense

amazon.co.uk/His…c=1

Quality TV for my Xbox one X and downloads of the 4k variety
smith2001uk18 m ago

You'll probably be looking at amazon prime. I've the …You'll probably be looking at amazon prime. I've the hisensehttps://www.amazon.co.uk/Hisense-H43N5500UK-43inch-UHD-Smart/dp/B074848TJH/?tag=22&th=1&psc=1Quality TV for my Xbox one X and downloads of the 4k variety

Thank you for the link. I will see if I can get a prime trial.

Is there any difference to this one apart from the colour? And slight difference in model number?

amazon.co.uk/His…QKK
smith2001uk29 m ago

You'll probably be looking at amazon prime. I've the …You'll probably be looking at amazon prime. I've the hisensehttps://www.amazon.co.uk

Same price of £349 for the Hisense at Currys pc world
Alternatively, 48” £299 for JVC at Currys pc world
Argos have quite a few to choose from around the £350 mark, and also do same day delivery for £3.95
Argos is a good shout if you want it tomorrow, but i was not in such a rush so just purchased this electrical.coop.co.uk/tv-…bk/

cracking deal and £30 off voucher on the site too when i ordered
The Hisense N6800 is around £400-420 which is the next model up from the N5500-5750.

Most other brands have sold out of their 2017 products by this time of year and are back onto high prices for shiny new 2018 stock. Philips would be the other one who changes ranges this late in the year but almost all of their 50" models are gone too. Argos still have some stock of the 50PUS6162 but that lacks ambilight which is a major selling point for Philips range.

I'm not sure about Vestel's schedule, as a lot of their work is badge engineering it may vary depending on badge (JVC/Toshiba/Hitatchi/Polaroid/Finlux/Celcius etc. are all Vestel).
Toptrumpet1 h, 31 m ago

Same price of £349 for the Hisense at Currys pc worldAlternatively, 48” £2 …Same price of £349 for the Hisense at Currys pc worldAlternatively, 48” £299 for JVC at Currys pc world

Toptrumpet1 h, 5 m ago

Argos have quite a few to choose from around the £350 mark, and also do …Argos have quite a few to choose from around the £350 mark, and also do same day delivery for £3.95

del.tay1 h, 2 m ago

Argos is a good shout if you want it tomorrow, but i was not in such a …Argos is a good shout if you want it tomorrow, but i was not in such a rush so just purchased this https://electrical.coop.co.uk/tv-audio/tvs/led-tvs/lg-55uj630v-55inch-4k-ultrahd-hdr-smart-led-tv-lg-led-55uj630v-bk/cracking deal and £30 off voucher on the site too when i ordered

Thank you for these and yes may have to go down the collection route now so Argos may be the best option.
EndlessWaves20 m ago

The Hisense N6800 is around £400-420 which is the next model up from the …The Hisense N6800 is around £400-420 which is the next model up from the N5500-5750. Most other brands have sold out of their 2017 products by this time of year and are back onto high prices for shiny new 2018 stock. Philips would be the other one who changes ranges this late in the year but almost all of their 50" models are gone too. Argos still have some stock of the 50PUS6162 but that lacks ambilight which is a major selling point for Philips range. I'm not sure about Vestel's schedule, as a lot of their work is badge engineering it may vary depending on badge (JVC/Toshiba/Hitatchi/Polaroid/Finlux/Celcius etc. are all Vestel).

I have always wanted to know who has taken over engineering for each TV brand nowadays and what panels get used as I see LG seem to supply their panels to almost most of the top brands.

Yes I was very tempted by that Philips 50PUS6162 until I saw a 6262 was the ambilight version.

How much difference would it be between these?

Would any of the Hitachi's and Bush be worth a go at all? Thanks agai
HotUkDale34 m ago

I have always wanted to know who has taken over engineering for each TV …I have always wanted to know who has taken over engineering for each TV brand nowadays and what panels get used as I see LG seem to supply their panels to almost most of the top brands.Yes I was very tempted by that Philips 50PUS6162 until I saw a 6262 was the ambilight version.How much difference would it be between these?Would any of the Hitachi's and Bush be worth a go at all? Thanks agai

Between the 6262 and 6162? None at all other than the Ambilight as far as I'm aware.

There's nobody making LCD panels just for their own TVs as far as I know. LG.Display have a monopoly on TV-sized OLEDs right now and while I believe they're the biggest in LCD production, it's not by a large margin. There are at least half a dozen companies manufacturing the panels you'll see in a TVs from major brands in a normal shop including Samsung Display, BOE, China Star, AU Optronics, Sharp/Foxconn and Innolux.

The Philips brand for TVs in Europe is used by the company better known for AOC monitors. They changed the company name from AOC to TPV after they acquired full ownership of their joint TV manufacturing project with Philips. I believe AOC did originally start as a TV manufacturer back in the 70s.

The Bush brand is owned by Argos but I'm not sure who they source their TVs from. Likely Vestel, who do dominate the budget market. Vestel often do a good job for the price from anecdotal evidence, although budget TVs don't see much in the way of critical reviews. The sound is often the biggest complaint, but a lot of TVs fall down there as current fashion trends don't lend themselves to good sound (thin displays with minimal bezels).
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants