Looking for upgrade to HTC m8

Found 1st Sep 2017
any suggestions on a decent upgrade to the HTC m8. looking between 100 to 400.

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
10 Comments

Anything wrong with your M8?
What aspects are you wanting upgrading?

Original Poster

Just feels slow. Camera isn't amazing. Just want something a little faster. Was looking at Xiaomi Redmi note 4

RichSimmonds21 m ago

Just feels slow. Camera isn't amazing. Just want something a little …Just feels slow. Camera isn't amazing. Just want something a little faster. Was looking at Xiaomi Redmi note 4

my release day htc m8 no longer holds it's charge for a full day so I'm also planning to get a new phone soon

I will most likely be buying the note 4 (4gb global version) as for the price it looks great, at least on paper

not sure if the camera will be better or even as good at the htc m8 though
Edited by: "dataload" 2nd Sep 2017

Wot model av u got m8?

I've gone from the m8 to the xiaomi note 4x. When I was looking into the xiaomi I found a website where you can compare phones and the xiaomi note 4x was slightly better on overall processor speed but much better on ram. I was a fan of the HTC but the xiaomi is a fantastic phone in comparison, battery life is very good and after the 3 months I've had it its still quick, I'd recommend it as an upgrade. The main thing is the camera though, I found the camera much better on the HTC, it's the main thing the note 4 has which is disappointing. It's ok in decent light but poor in low light. Other then the camera (and lack of nfc if you use it) it definitely recommend the xiaomi.

Original Poster

Erubadhron3 h, 21 m ago

Wot model av u got m8?

Day one edition. 2gb ram etc. Is running custom ROM.

Original Poster

Thanks for the info....any other suggestions other than the note 4x that have a better camera?

RichSimmonds2 h, 44 m ago

Day one edition. 2gb ram etc. Is running custom ROM.

I think he was trying and failing to be a comedian, with the whole "mate" "m8" thing

dataload50 m ago

I think he was trying and failing to be a comedian, with the whole "mate" …I think he was trying and failing to be a comedian, with the whole "mate" "m8" thing

Badum tsh.

Try a factory reset of your M8 and see if it still feels sluggish. Disable any built in apps you don't use. (If you're planning to buy a new phone you'd have to start from scratch anyway, so it's worth a try.)

I'm still using an M8, and frequently get tempted by the deals on here - but the M8 works so well I never end up being able to justify it. Great specs these days (esp on China phones) but I probably wouldn't notice any substantial improvement when it comes to user experience and speed.

My battery is still OK, I know I'd miss the camera, and the front facing speakers, dot view case, overall feel etc.

That said - if I were to switch, I'd probably be looking at the xiaomi phones as they get such good reviews.
Edited by: "r2mahara" 4th Sep 2017
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions