Groups
    EXPIRED

Looking for very decent spec cheap DELL or HP server

Hi

Need to purchase at least Xeon Dual processor server with at least 2GB ram 1GB network card , with windows 2003 server, tower case.

Has anyone know any retailers with great deals?

Thanks

6 Comments

[FONT=Verdana]To kick it off please can you confirm the budget you have available for purchasing the server and the software.

Cheers, Scotty Boy! :thumbsup:
    [/FONT]

Original Poster

Hi

I have a budget of around £1250.00.

Thanks

bargain-pikey;6660414

HiI have a budget of around £1250.00.Thanks

[FONT=Verdana]Cheers for that - are you looking for RAID support (RAID 0, 1, etc) and also how much raw disk space are you needing for the server as well?

Finally which version of Windows Server 2003 are you looking for (i.e. x32 Standard Edition, etc) but also do you need CALs to allow workstations to access resources on the server your going to be building.

If you can confirm that as well it would help with piecing together a couple of options - for example you could purchase the hardware & software from various resellers to get the most cost effective solution.

Cheers, Scotty Boy! :thumbsup:[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]Okay here's one that's very basic from Dell UK (stress basic) but includes enough memory and 2 x 250GB SATA hard disks (no RAID support in place) to cover expansion - also includes Windows Server 2003 x32 Standard Edition and 5 CALs.

Smart Value ! DELL™ PowerEdge™ T105 (SV3T1053) Date & Time: Thursday 22 October 2009 11:19 PM http://i.dell.com/images/global/general/spacer.gif SYSTEM COMPONENTS http://i.dell.com/images/global/general/spacer.gif Smart Value ! DELL™ PowerEdge™ T105 (SV3T1053)
    Qty 1 Quad Core AMD Opteron™ 1352; 2.1GHz, 75W ACP Unit Price £1,069.00
    http://i.dell.com/images/global/general/spacer.gif Get £ 137 Off!
    Expires 28 October 2009 [URL="javascript:window.open('PopUps/popup_discount_details.aspx?itemtype=CFG&s=bsd&l=en&cs=ukbsdt1&c=uk&campitem_id=116584&marketable=false','newwindow','width=580,height=400,scrollbars=yes,RESIZABLE=yes,toolbar=no,menubar=no').focus();"][COLOR=#0033CC]View Details[/COLOR][/URL] - £137.00 http://i.dell.com/images/global/general/spacer.gif Catalog Number: 202 SV3T1053 Module Description ][COLOR=#0033CC][FONT=arial,helvetica]Show Details[/FONT][/COLOR] Base Quad Core AMD Opteron™ 1352; 2.1GHz, 75W ACP Memory 4GB Memory, DDR2, 800MHz (2x2GB Dual Ranked DIMMs) Keyboard No Keyboard Required Monitor Display Not Included Mouse No Factory Installed Mouse Optical Devices 16X DVD+/-RW Drive with SATA Cable Shipping Documents T105 English Documentation with UK/Irish Power Cord 2nd Hard Drive 250GB, SATA, 3.5-inch, 7.2K RPM Additional Hard Drive (Cabled) Base warranty 1Yr Basic Warranty - Next Business Day Support Services 3Yr Basic Warranty - Next Business Day Installation Services You have chosen not to take the Dell PowerEdge installation service Raid Connectivity No RAID configuration, 1 or 2 SATA Hard Drives connected to onboard SATA controller Systems Management OpenManage Software loaded and DVD Kit Order Information PowerEdge Order - United Kingdom Factory Installed Operating System Windows Server®2003, Standard Edition, Includes 5 CALs, 2008 Media, English 1st Hard Drive 250GB, SATA, 3.5-inch, 7.2K RPM Hard Drive (Cabled) TOTAL :£932.00

Total excl. VAT VAT Rate Total incl. VAT

£932.00 15.00 % £1,071.80
    Total Delivery Charge £49.00 15.00 % £56.35
    Total Price £981.00
    £1,128.15

Original Poster

thanks for your help, to answer your questions;

Looking for 32bit version, standard. Basically it will be running a third party exchange archiving software called sunbelt-mail-archiver- . It will connect to exchange and archive off emails off mailstore. So the minimum number of cals would be required.

Raid configuration is not required

How would u rate HP servers ...are they much more expensive?

bargain-pikey;6660944

thanks for your help, to answer your questions;Looking for 32bit version, … thanks for your help, to answer your questions;Looking for 32bit version, standard. Basically it will be running a third party exchange archiving software called sunbelt-mail-archiver- . It will connect to exchange and archive off emails off mailstore. So the minimum number of cals would be required.Raid configuration is not requiredHow would u rate HP servers ...are they much more expensive?

[FONT=Verdana]
    For both Dell and HP Servers, the cost would be determined by the hardware specification but also what after-care support you purchase for them as well - by the sound of it, it looks like this will be a business critical server so you may need to consider purchasing after-care support i.e. Dell would be Gold Technical Support, HP would be a Care Pack.

Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Best IPTV Currently56
      2. If you had £50,000 to start a business what would it be ?68
      3. Quick EBay Nectar Question33
      4. fitbit exchange how? (prepaid creditcard)44

See more discussions