Expired

Looking for "World's Lightest" style suitcase in 55x40x20 Ryanair size.

Found 12th Aug 2013
I'm looking for "World's Lightest" style suitcase in 55x40x20 Ryanair size. I think the real brand name is Sub-Zero-G

There were many offers on pre summer, but currently I can't find them in the 55cm x 40cm x 20cm size (although Home Bargains are doing the 34cm wide for £20)

13 Comments

Matalan

Original Poster

Thanks - but they don't do it in the 55cm x 40cm x 20cm size.

Extra Small: 56.5cm x 36cm x 21cm Weight 1.48kg is the size of the Matalan one. Really light for a wheeled suitcase! You could maybe get one even lighter without wheels but maybe not.

Original Poster

Thanks. I had the 55 x 40 x 20cm of this brand already from Asda (which I think was1.47kg) - but a friend wanted it, so I gave them it thinking it would be easy getting another.

Asda says they may get more in on Thursday, but doubt it.

I don't want one with any dimensions exceeding 55 x 40 x 20 as its the max Ryanair size, & the max size Easyjet guarantee will be stored in the cabin.

Ah yes. Plenty 'world's lightest' on Amazon of that size also a backpack of that size weighing only 0.7kg!

While it may not be the lightest in the world, I recently picked up a 'Cabin MAX' brand backpack that is in this size. It's great - good quality. I paid £20 ish for it.

However, yesterday my partner picked up an almost identical one from Home Bargains for £9.99. Its almost the same, even the detail on the back in the same, stitching in the same place, etc.

Its a good size and stuff. Not as light as the style you're after but might be of use to you.

HTH.

Original Poster

Found at B&M for £25

ibiza

Thanks. I had the 55 x 40 x 20cm of this brand already from Asda (which … Thanks. I had the 55 x 40 x 20cm of this brand already from Asda (which I think was1.47kg) - but a friend wanted it, so I gave them it thinking it would be easy getting another.Asda says they may get more in on Thursday, but doubt it.I don't want one with any dimensions exceeding 55 x 40 x 20 as its the max Ryanair size, & the max size Easyjet guarantee will be stored in the cabin.

Remember Easyjet have changed their sizes to 50 x 40 x 20

Original Poster

EJ have only changed to that size if the cabin is full, when only cases of that size are guaranteed to be left there. If there is insufficient space larger cabin bags will then be taken to the hold.

The actual cabin size max of EJ is 56 x 45 x 25 cm.

Original Poster

sreddar

Extra Small: 56.5cm x 36cm x 21cm Weight 1.48kg is the size of the … Extra Small: 56.5cm x 36cm x 21cm Weight 1.48kg is the size of the Matalan one. Really light for a wheeled suitcase! You could maybe get one even lighter without wheels but maybe not.

I mentioned the size that was the airline max size for hand luggage 55 x 40 x 20 - and you suggest one that exceeds it in not one, but two dimensions?!?!?!?!?!

ibiza

EJ have only changed to that size if the cabin is full, when only cases … EJ have only changed to that size if the cabin is full, when only cases of that size are guaranteed to be left there. If there is insufficient space larger cabin bags will then be taken to the hold.The actual cabin size max of EJ is 56 x 45 x 25 cm.

Ah yes you are right, I was just pointing it out as you said "55 x 40 x 20 as its the max Ryanair size, & the max size Easyjet guarantee will be stored in the cabin." Suggesting you thought that 55 x 40 x 20 was the "Guaranteed" size when it is indeed 50 x 40 x 20.

When traveling with Thomas Cook they only allow hand luggage of 5kg so get the lightest on market, good place to look Amazon

Original Poster

Got one at 0.7kg.

"World's lightest" range. Bought a lighter holdall too at the same size, which fell apart the first time I used it.

I never really fly Thomas Cook, but 56 x 45 x 25 if the new size for Easy Jet, which offers about 50% more space than the size mentioned above.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants