looking to become an extra..

Banned 10 replies
Found 13th Nov 2008
Hi all,
Is anyone on this forum in this line of work?
Im 20 year old male student, looking to become an "extra" in programmes, films etc.
If anybody can point me in the right direction, would be much appreciated.

Regards

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
10 Comments

im sure you have to pay to join certain companys who after they have your money make you wait about 6 weeks while you look for work and if your not available at their beck and call you really have no chance of getting any seriously paid work....il try and look for the place i was look at for you tho

extras.co.uk/com…ain

their you go dude not the one i was looking at but a start

Original Poster Banned

Cheers dude, rep given.

Any theatrical agent will point you in the right direction also look at the trade papers

buy the Stage magazine, fortnightly I think

saw this site the other day, apparently good for students
universalextras.co.uk/

Where do you live? I work for ITV and know a lot of the agencies you would need to be with around the Manchester area if so.

Original Poster Banned

nwressell;3453153

Where do you live? I work for ITV and know a lot of the agencies you … Where do you live? I work for ITV and know a lot of the agencies you would need to be with around the Manchester area if so.

I go to Birmingham University, Getting to manchester would not really be a problem, pm me if you don't mind.

Keep an eye out for adverts at local theatres/dance schools/etc.

My son got a part as an extra in "King Arthur" this way (he didn't get to see Keira Knightly though:p) - my daughter didn't get a part because they didn't want fair haired children:x

Will send you some info, agencies do usually costs a fee per year up to £100 this is for photos etc but well worth it if you get the right agency.
Nemesis are good and PHA both seem to get a lot of work on Hollyoaks, ITV Dramas and commercials, not too bad money also, but a lot of sitting around.

If you have any questions let me know
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition68738
    2. Win a villa holiday for two in Portugal with Four Seasons Fairways @ Sunday…22
    3. Win an unbelievable Windows Mixed Reality prize pack from Windows Central! …43
    4. Win two star gazing festival tickets in the north pennines43

See more discussions