Groups

looking to build my first pc

I want to build a budget gaming pc. Possibly running games at maxing setting on 1080p. Question about the CPU. Is the Intel Pentium enough to run modern games?

10 Comments

eskimosound

Well I'm selling this mobo search this number in eBay 191962462730

​pretty sure it's against hukd rules to advertise your eBay listing here

is this a budget pc you're building?

dragonline77

​pretty sure it's against hukd rules to advertise your eBay listing here

search this number in eBay 191962462730, problem solved.

I've tried posting it here legitimately thanks jimhuff
    Edited by: "eskimosound" 7th Sep 2016

GarlicBread322

I want to build a budget gaming pc. Possibly running games at maxing … I want to build a budget gaming pc. Possibly running games at maxing setting on 1080p.

Unfortunately with the current generations of consoles happy to run at [email protected] there are quite a few games that are very demanding to run at max settings (Ultra/AA+AF/144fps) at 1920x1080. Even a mainstream setup often can't get maximum possible picture quality and a high end one is needed.

GarlicBread322

Is the Intel Pentium enough to run modern games?

If you're looking at buying new (i.e. G3258/G4400/G4500) then they are a capable budget processor often paired with a £100 graphics card for an entry level gaming system.

If you're talking about the integrated graphics then even the full sized HD 530 on the G4500 is still too slow to run every game at 1920x1080. Hardware.fr tested it in a 6600k on The Witcher 3 and got 10fps.

Take a look at reddit.com/r/b…apc - they have a TON of information, loads of people seeking and giving advice on PC upgrades/builds, you will get a much better response there than here.

Original Poster

GarlicBread322

I want to build a budget gaming pc. Possibly running games at maxing … I want to build a budget gaming pc. Possibly running games at maxing setting on 1080p.

GarlicBread322

Is the Intel Pentium enough to run modern games?

does a 1060 go well with Pentiums without bottleneck possibility?

Original Poster

PenguinsForAll

Take a look at https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc - they have a TON of … Take a look at https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc - they have a TON of information, loads of people seeking and giving advice on PC upgrades/builds, you will get a much better response there than here.

Thank bro!

I would try to stretch to a 3 year old i5 or similar.

Haynes do a really good manual on building a pc
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Deleting chats on Facebook Messenger1011
      2. Virgin Media - what is a good price?616
      3. GAP Insurance Recommendations22
      4. cats and royal canin biscuits1019

See more discussions