EXPIRED

Looking to build myself a new computer.

Hey, i think it's about time i have an upgrade on my computer and well i know building one myself is not only going to save me money but i'll get myself a better computer, i have been looking at novatech and spoke to one of their sales team via their online chat, he has suggested that i buy a barebone bundle and just get a new graphics card, optical drive and i'm going to switch over my hard drive.

Well what i'm asking here is what should i get, i have a budget of £400,

here is the barebone he suggested.
novatech.co.uk/nov…04A

i'm a total newbie to all this and have no idea what i'm buying. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

5 Comments

>well i know building one myself is not only going to save me money but i'll get myself a better computer,

If it is not going to to save you money why would it get you a better computer?

Most companies like Novatech will build a PC to order for you, putting in any parts you wish, so not sure why you thinking building one yourself would make it better.

> i'm a total newbie to all this and have no idea what i'm buying.

While it is good to build one yourself, we all have to start somewhere, things can go wrong, so your PC build could finish up costing you a lot of money if you damage the graphics card for example. So make sure you know what you are doing before you start.

Deciding which components to put in a computer build is often more difficult than actually building it, so take your time and do research.

A graphics card is one of the most difficult items to choose, and some can cost a lot of money.

You also have to find out if it will fit on your PC case (some cards are large and some cases small), and if your power supply is up to it (the Novatech at 550W would seem ok).

Generally that Novatech barebones bundle look pretty good.

You say you are going to move your hard disk across, but if it already has Windows on it you cant just put it in and go. You will almost certainly need to do a new Windows install as the motherboard and other components will all be different.

Original Poster

>well i know building one myself is not only going to save me money but i'll get myself a better computer,

If it is not going to to save you money why would it get you a better computer?

Read it again, i said it will save me money. I also was comparing it to buying a new computer from say Dell.

When i said newbie i meant buying parts, i have already sorted out which graphics card i wanted, i've also changed the one in my computer a few times.

I guess i'll go for the barebones bundle but i'll do my research a little more see if i can find some better prices.

Cheers for the last bit i never actually knew that, i'll take that into account when sorting it out.

Thanks loads!

Check Ebuyer.com - It's the home land of PC builders. with a budget of £400, you can get a really good specification.

its not really that much cheaper to build your own nowadays i used to build them and put copied windows on them but when you think how much operating systems costs its worthwhile looking around for 1 that has everthing on it,just avoid high street retailers and you can get good deal on the net with legit operating systems

that is a very good spec barebone for the price get it!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Which Smart Watch for Running?25
    2. Which Camera?!!!22
    3. Kodi - £ Sports Recommendations1014
    4. Sky or Virgin?1418

See more discussions