Groups

Looking to buy a new TV.

My Sony KDL40HX753BU TV has got some dead LED lines on the screen (out of warranty).

Looking for any advice on what I should get as a replacement.

Price: £500-700
    Wifi capable
    4k (happy with TrueHD)
    40-44 inch screen
    Would like smart features (like android, IE etc)
    UK purchase (would like to go touch, see etc)
    3-5 year warranty

...and any voucher codes that's relevant would be awesome.

Thanks in advance.

13 Comments

Banned

try richer sounds they have good offers plus they give 6 year warranty with there tvs

Warranty is irrelevant. Sale of Goods legislation says you can expect 6 years from a TV. Ask for a free repair.

blogs.thisismoney.co.uk/201…tml

Gordonc1960

Warranty is irrelevant. Sale of Goods legislation says you can expect 6 … Warranty is irrelevant. Sale of Goods legislation says you can expect 6 years from a TV. Ask for a free repair.http://blogs.thisismoney.co.uk/2010/03/tv-warranty.html

All good and well, but how do you intend to prove that this fault was inherent at the point of manufacture?

Gordonc1960

Warranty is irrelevant. Sale of Goods legislation says you can expect 6 … Warranty is irrelevant. Sale of Goods legislation says you can expect 6 years from a TV. Ask for a free repair.http://blogs.thisismoney.co.uk/2010/03/tv-warranty.html

​Warranty is irrelevant? I don't think so. I'd rather buy a TV that comes with a 5 or 6 year warranty and know it'll get fixed rather than have to spend money and A LOT of time trying to get someone like Curry's to repair it for free. Your chances are slim, at best.

Also, I have repaired plenty of televisions over the years as part of my job and your big brands made today will often struggle to last five years so I'd definitely encourage longer warranty periods. If you want an easier life that is.

Have a look at hisense tv. They are a lot of tv for the money. And awesome quality.

Original Poster

barrel24

Have a look at hisense tv. They are a lot of tv for the money. And … Have a look at hisense tv. They are a lot of tv for the money. And awesome quality.

​any models you'd suggest?

Original Poster

skyarsenal

try richer sounds they have good offers plus they give 6 year warranty … try richer sounds they have good offers plus they give 6 year warranty with there tvs

​Didn't know that. When I decided what I want, I will check if they are a stockist

Original Poster

Gordonc1960

​I love to chase my rights also. But I'd rather have a long warranty so It's a last resort.

barrel24

Have a look at hisense tv. They are a lot of tv for the money. And … Have a look at hisense tv. They are a lot of tv for the money. And awesome quality.

The M7000 is pretty good but the lower end ones available at 40" are more average.

The top models in each range at 40"/43" are LG UH750, Sony XD80, Philips PUS6501/PUS6551, Samsung KS7500 and Panasonic DX700.

With the exception of the KS7500 they're all comfortably in budget, on the Samsung side you may want to consider the KU6400 instead, although the Full HD K6300 is also worth a look if you can live with the curve.

All of them come with the company's top smart platform. The Sony and Philips are Android TV, the Samsungs are Tizen, the LG WebOS and the Panasonic Firefox OS (aka 'My Home Screen 2.0').

Those are the 2016 models, manufacturers are in the process of announcing the details of this years models but they generally launch at fairly high prices so not a good option for replacing a broken TV.

seftonblake

​any models you'd suggest?

We have a hisense 43m3000 4K set with hdr fantastic set for the price. I think we paid £249 but hey have gone up since then. I would by another to replace this if I had to. Only thing is. All on tv apps work although plex doesn't but that could just be the way I have mine setup. I bought mine from Amazon.

barrel24

Agree with above, bought a Hisense 58" 4k 3d Tv, and well chuffed with it!

Original Poster

EndlessWaves

The M7000 is pretty good but the lower end ones available at 40" are more … The M7000 is pretty good but the lower end ones available at 40" are more average.The top models in each range at 40"/43" are LG UH750, Sony XD80, Philips PUS6501/PUS6551, Samsung KS7500 and Panasonic DX700.With the exception of the KS7500 they're all comfortably in budget, on the Samsung side you may want to consider the KU6400 instead, although the Full HD K6300 is also worth a look if you can live with the curve.All of them come with the company's top smart platform. The Sony and Philips are Android TV, the Samsungs are Tizen, the LG WebOS and the Panasonic Firefox OS (aka 'My Home Screen 2.0').Those are the 2016 models, manufacturers are in the process of announcing the details of this years models but they generally launch at fairly high prices so not a good option for replacing a broken TV.

​Huge thanks for your time and response. I really appreciate it.

Original Poster

barrel24

We have a hisense 43m3000 4K set with hdr fantastic set for the price. I … We have a hisense 43m3000 4K set with hdr fantastic set for the price. I think we paid £249 but hey have gone up since then. I would by another to replace this if I had to. Only thing is. All on tv apps work although plex doesn't but that could just be the way I have mine setup. I bought mine from Amazon.

​Thanks, will have a look.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Xiaomi redmi note 4 firmware34
      2. Multi fuel stove deals11
      3. Memory foam mattress topper56
      4. Are the free antivirus any good?78

See more discussions