Groups
    EXPIRED

Looking to buy a SIM Free Smartphone for under £100. Best option?

Sony Xperia's are cheap at the moment in Argos/Amazon, but all i seem to hear are bad things about them. What else is out there? TIA.

14 Comments

The one and only Moto G, can be unlocked easily via eBay for less than £2.

Pound for pound you won't get a better phone.

Taliban_Army

The one and only Moto G, can be unlocked easily via eBay for less than … The one and only Moto G, can be unlocked easily via eBay for less than £2. Pound for pound you won't get a better phone.

But beware screen scratches so easily. Other than that great phone!

Buy a glass screen protector from eBay for a few pounds and your screen will stay as good as new.

Moto G is the only option new at that price point
    fantastic wee phone

miss87

But beware screen scratches so easily. Other than that great phone!

It has gorilla glass so screen is actually very hard to scratch - But go for a moto G for sure
    Edited by: "UnicornRiver" 7th Jul 2014

Or a Moto E if you want to save a bit more

Funnily enough (after all the deals that have been posted), I tried to get a moto g for someone and couldn't find it (eg cpw) in some shops, at £135 in others now (phones4u). If anyone knows a reputable supplier, online or on high street that still does it for around £100, please let me know!

Original Poster

Thanks everyone! I have just purchased the Moto G from Amazon. SIM Free version is £124.

Or it is £129 on Tesco Direct and you can use a new customer code and get £10 off. I just couldn't be bothered to set up yet another account!

Thanks again

KittyMac

Thanks everyone! I have just purchased the Moto G from Amazon. SIM Free … Thanks everyone! I have just purchased the Moto G from Amazon. SIM Free version is £124.Or it is £129 on Tesco Direct and you can use a new customer code and get £10 off. I just couldn't be bothered to set up yet another account!Thanks again

official case is still only £11 at Amazon too (for some reason it's not defaulting to Amazon as the seller, but option is there on the right hand side)

Im not quite sure about overall but for a camera either a Nokia Lumia 800 or Sony Xperia Ray both got 8mp... or Nokia N8 is 12mp

UnicornRiver

It has gorilla glass so screen is actually very hard to scratch - But go … It has gorilla glass so screen is actually very hard to scratch - But go for a moto G for sure

. I had a moto g ( still have) for 3 days and screen scratched on it after 2 days with a screen protector on so I'm just saying beware!

miss87

. I had a moto g ( still have) for 3 days and screen scratched on it … . I had a moto g ( still have) for 3 days and screen scratched on it after 2 days with a screen protector on so I'm just saying beware!

what the hell did you do to it is my question ? oO

my 14yo, who breaks everything, has had hers since xmas, and hasn't managed to scratch the screen

niceguyrichy

what the hell did you do to it is my question ? oOmy 14yo, who breaks … what the hell did you do to it is my question ? oOmy 14yo, who breaks everything, has had hers since xmas, and hasn't managed to scratch the screen

nothing! it was on a table face down at my friends and when I picked it up it had 2 scratches in the middle of my screen it had screen protector on so not sure why it happened? obviously something was on the table that scratched it???

The Moto E is a good solid phone based on the Moto G but is a bit cheaper
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Ide to sata converter56
      2. Deleting chats on Facebook Messenger1011
      3. Virgin Media - what is a good price?616
      4. GAP Insurance Recommendations22

See more discussions