Looking to change energy provider

Posted 23rd Sep
I have put our details into uswitch and some new names have come up. Anyone been with these guys and can comment on what they are like?

outfox the market
avro
nabuh energy
people's energy
breeze
Community Updates
Ask
18 Comments
With Avro , no problems so far.
AVOID outfox the market! I had a nightmare with them and half way through the contract it went up massivly as they could keep thier fees low. Lukcly they allowed me to move away from them without any fee.
Outfox the market are probably the worst rated of them all currently

if you put the details into moneysavingexpert.com/che…lub they have actual ratings next to each company which actual members/customers/viewers of moneysavingexpert have participated in, so should give you a good idea of who to avoid and who to go with
darthbacca3723/09/2019 10:07

AVOID outfox the market! I had a nightmare with them and half way through …AVOID outfox the market! I had a nightmare with them and half way through the contract it went up massivly as they could keep thier fees low. Lukcly they allowed me to move away from them without any fee.

I read trustpilot reviews and most were good but a few said they had real issues. Funny the way they got so many good reviews!
mutley123/09/2019 10:17

I read trustpilot reviews and most were good but a few said they had real …I read trustpilot reviews and most were good but a few said they had real issues. Funny the way they got so many good reviews!

Honestly it started ok, it saved me a bit but about 6 months. The way they kinda do it is "share" the price between brackets / energy use etc. but what happened they had to massivly increase the prices (I went from paying £60 a month combined to £90) as thier prices went up too. I wasnt the only one affected by it and they were more than aware of what was happeneing and said i can leave.

I think MSE energy savers club has a warning i believe? I ended up going with Bulb which seem to be good for me
avro here, no issues at all

check MSE energy club for ratings etc
darthbacca3723/09/2019 10:26

Honestly it started ok, it saved me a bit but about 6 months. The way …Honestly it started ok, it saved me a bit but about 6 months. The way they kinda do it is "share" the price between brackets / energy use etc. but what happened they had to massivly increase the prices (I went from paying £60 a month combined to £90) as thier prices went up too. I wasnt the only one affected by it and they were more than aware of what was happeneing and said i can leave.I think MSE energy savers club has a warning i believe? I ended up going with Bulb which seem to be good for me

Thanks. They came out the cheapest but the very few negative reviews on trustpilot is worrying and from your comment, I will leave that one. Too much headache for small savings. Their website looks like a cartoon anime playground, enough to put anyone off
Which do a survey every year, which gives you an idea where to start looking, if you click the company name your get more info

which.co.uk/rev…lts
Breeze have been great in the last year and a half still the cheapest in our area and answered emails within an hour
use Bulb myself they have been great.
Not with outfox but i think they screwed up bigtime when wholesale prices went up and not only did they put their prices up they also decided to charge more in the winter than in the summer. At the time it was winter so everyone went from having the lowest rate around to a monthly rate that was completely disproportionate to their yearly spend divided by 12.

They rightly got so much bad press for it and eventually changed it back but not before screwing a load of people over who were on tight budgets and could not afford to pay their bills.
dickypreston23/09/2019 12:58

use Bulb myself they have been great.

With them as well, no issues but not as competitive as they used to be so going to be changing soon.
+1 for Bulb.
Avoid outfox the market at all costs
I joined Avro nearly a year ago, and almost immediately panicked, as it seemed impossible to get through to them on the phone or by email. There were lots of people with the same problem, and I was really worried for a while, even starting a Resolver case (MSE help) BUT it all sorted itself out and they've been very good ever since. They shoved up my direct debits a few months ago, but I have asked for credit to be returned and they have replied. If they continue to be good value, and as responsive, then I'll stay with them.
aninginaneana24/09/2019 22:02

I joined Avro nearly a year ago, and almost immediately panicked, as it …I joined Avro nearly a year ago, and almost immediately panicked, as it seemed impossible to get through to them on the phone or by email. There were lots of people with the same problem, and I was really worried for a while, even starting a Resolver case (MSE help) BUT it all sorted itself out and they've been very good ever since. They shoved up my direct debits a few months ago, but I have asked for credit to be returned and they have replied. If they continue to be good value, and as responsive, then I'll stay with them.

i will sign up with avro as they seem the cheapest for us and i am avoiding outfox the market, as they sound more like outfox the customer than the market from the comments

it seems to say avro takes 28 days to switch. our current tariff ends in 28 days so this would work well. do you remember how long the switch process took?
mutley124/09/2019 23:29

i will sign up with avro as they seem the cheapest for us and i am …i will sign up with avro as they seem the cheapest for us and i am avoiding outfox the market, as they sound more like outfox the customer than the market from the comments it seems to say avro takes 28 days to switch. our current tariff ends in 28 days so this would work well. do you remember how long the switch process took?

Sorry, can't remember, exactly, but was fairly quick and very easy. A local "energy advice helpline" type company did it for us, (after identifying Avro as the best deal) as they have been doing for years.
Well done on 1107
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants