Groups

Looking to do a home course in html/web design...

Has anybody done one before or got any reccomendations on which company/course?

9 Comments

you could try [URL="www.homelearningcollege.com"]homelearningcollege[/URL]

Buy a 'teach yourself' book & get loads & loads of practice. Don't waste money on a course unless you really need a certificate.

If you're looking to get a job out of it you'll impress prospective employers much more with examples of your work than a piece of paper.

Ask friends/local clubs etc if they would like a website & then create one for them (or just create sites anyway). The key to success for this is 'loads of practice'.:thumbsup:

Original Poster

thanks for the advice CIS, much apreciated

I am teaching myself how to use dreamweaver and ASP.NET (ASP seems very complicated)

All in work time

thanks for the advice CIS, much apreciated

No probs!:thumbsup:

Original Poster

add-man, how are you teaching yourself? Are you using books or content on the web?

Here is brilliant for tutorials : w3schools.com/

dunbar_uk

add-man, how are you teaching yourself? Are you using books or content on … add-man, how are you teaching yourself? Are you using books or content on the web?

I've ordered a ASP.Net for dummies book,but hasn't arrived.
    So at the moment im using online tutorials and creating a few standard tables and stuff

With dreameaver i obtained a "How To Make Your Own Web Site With Dreamweaver" help file. Which is "Visual QuickProject Guide: Creating a Web Page in Dreamweaver 8"

Original Poster

thanks guys
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Help Feed a Homeless Animal for Free1608651
      2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047187
      3. I have 2 spare netflix slots and a spotify share.918
      4. One thing you've forgotten79

See more discussions