Looking to get a credit card, who to go for?

Posted 23rd NovEdited by:"MRR_ltd"
Hi, I'm looking for a 0% purchase credit card, not too bothered at balance transfer.

I signed up to mse credit club and these two offers looks attractive: Barclays Platinum 20 month 0% purchase & balance transfer card or Virgin Money 20 month 0% purchase & 23 month 0% balance transfer.

Which out of the two would you suggest I go? Does anyone know if Virgin Money is good? I currently have a debit card with Barclays.

Or can you find any better credit cards going?

Also is it better to apply through mse credit club or via the banks websites directly? thanks
Community Updates

Groups

8 Comments
I would suggest to pay in full what you buy and not running in the 0% purchase trap.
Buckyball23/11/2019 19:10

I would suggest to pay in full what you buy and not running in the 0% …I would suggest to pay in full what you buy and not running in the 0% purchase trap.

What trap sorry? I never opened a credit card before. What's wrong spreading a cost over a couple of months if there's 0% purchase fee.
Edited by: "MRR_ltd" 23rd Nov
I have the Halifax Clarity, not sure if it’s what you require but it’s great to use for here and abroad
Go through cash back sites so you can earn a little too
You wont get any better than the Barclaycard for 0% purchases, mine was 25 months 0%. If you bank with Barclays then the decision should be instant and credit limit may be higher. The Virgin card is pretty similar, both charge 2% for balance transfers & both charge for foreign currency transactions.
Butterfly1823/11/2019 20:51

I have the Halifax Clarity, not sure if it’s what you require but it’s gre …I have the Halifax Clarity, not sure if it’s what you require but it’s great to use for here and abroad

Not a 0% card though.
Buckyball23/11/2019 19:10

I would suggest to pay in full what you buy and not running in the 0% …I would suggest to pay in full what you buy and not running in the 0% purchase trap.

It's not a trap if you can manage your finance.
MRR_ltd23/11/2019 19:12

What trap sorry? I never opened a credit card before. What's wrong …What trap sorry? I never opened a credit card before. What's wrong spreading a cost over a couple of months if there's 0% purchase fee.

I think the poster is talking about temptation, i.e. because it's interest free you might be tempted to spend more than you can really afford. Be sensible, ask for a lowish credit limit and you should be fine. e.g. if they offer you a £7000 limit but you think that's too much, ask for £1000, or whatever suits your circumstances
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions