Looking To Get A Gaming PC, Help?

Ok, well I am looking to get into PC gaming but I really don't know where to start. Seeing as I have never been into it before, I really don't know what the best graphics cards and processors and stuff like that for gaming are. Am I best just buying the PC already built, or trying to build one myself? And how much am I going to have to spend to get a decent gaming PC that can play the likes of Crysis? Cheers.

9 Comments

Banned

crysis is old news
the m11x laptop can play crysis

first and foremost - whats your budget

also, google pc forums and ask in any forum you find (in the right section please)
also
try overclockers site
and ask in their forums
make sure theyre uk forums

kapows;7818317

also, google pc forums and ask in any forum you find (in the right … also, google pc forums and ask in any forum you find (in the right section please)alsotry overclockers siteand ask in their forumsmake sure theyre uk forums

Why are you encouraging people to spam their topic on every forum they find?

You're looking at something between ]£405 and well, whatever you want to spend. Perhaps £1400 or so before it starts getting silly.

Virtually any new PC will play games but more powerful ones will be able to play the games on higher graphical settings with more details and go on playing games for longer.

Right now nVidia are about to launch their new graphics cards (CeBit at the very start of march seems likely) so holding off for a month or so may be a good idea if you want to get something for the future.

Well ive just build my gaming pc, can run games on max graphics like mass effect 2 and arkham asylum with no problems. Cost me just over £300 buying used stuff.

i can suggest a few great sites to get a brilliant gaming pc and 1 will beat the rest as i have already looked into all this, it is always cheaper to build ur own, but don't do it unless u know what ur doing

....keep your eyes open for deals at tesco, got myself an alright base unit that can already play games with good graphicis, but it can be added to if i want it to do more, was only £179. Acer aspire M3641, like I say, basic unit but with a couple extra ram and a good graphics card and away you go....

Acer Aspire M3641- 3GB - intel core 2 quad Q6600 - 500GB HD - with Blu-Ray Combo - multi card reader.....

......it was the tesco in Rugby and i should have bought all three that were left thinking about it, think it was clearance as the new Windows 7 is out and these are Vista, try going in at odd hours, you might catch the deals before most people see them

khy86;7818771

Well ive just build my gaming pc, can run games on max graphics like mass … Well ive just build my gaming pc, can run games on max graphics like mass effect 2 and arkham asylum with no problems. Cost me just over £300 buying used stuff.

mass effect 2 is pretty easy to run as it maxs out at 30fps anyways.

Crysis is still used for a lot of tests as it is still very demanding.
Id say for a budget build your own and your be looking to spend about £300-400 on a tower, if your after a full system id budget a further £125 for monitor, £75 for other accessories.

awoodhall2003;7818959

Id say for a budget build your own and your be looking to spend about … Id say for a budget build your own and your be looking to spend about £300-400 on a tower, if your after a full system id budget a further £125 for monitor, £75 for other accessories.

£300 is optimistic if you're buying the whole thing new, below about £400 the systems get a lot slower and are poor value for money (for gaming).

Processor £100
Graphics £100
psu £50
Mobo £60
Ram £60
HDD £50
Case £30+
OS ?
If you want to play Crysis at decent res this is what you are looking to spend,
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846059
    2. Xbox One X pre order £449.99 @ Game (out 9th Nov)2339
    3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread415114078
    4. so sick of this summer weather enough .......1927

See more discussions