Groups
    EXPIRED

Looking to get a Playstation 3

I'd like to get a playstation 3, what are the good deals at the moment?

I see that Game are doing the PS3 with GTA4 or MGS4 for £309.99 which seems a good price, a second controller would be nice but since only one of the games I'm looking to get first has a two player mode I guess it's not essential (I'm looking at getting Grand Theft Auto 4, Metal Gear Solid 4, Assassins Creed & Gran Turismo 5 Prologue).

I've looked at the prices of games on their own and GTA4 is the most expensive (currently £34.99 is the cheapest), MGS4 is £25.99, Assassins Creed can be purchased for as little as £7.99 pre-owned and GT5 is only £12.99 new so it's not worth getting most of them as part of a deal as I would expect the deal price to be based on their original selling price.

It would be nice if somewhere was doing interest free credit, does anyone know anywhere that is?

Many thanks,

DG

10 Comments

If you have an HMV student card or know someone who has one/can get one you can get 80gb PS3(which come with on ds3 controler) GTA4 and an extra standard pad for about £301 + quidco (£2-£3) from hmv online. PS3 would be sent of royal mail special delivery which is next day too. Prob get tomorrow or friday if ordered soon.

Remember games are just £25 at morrisons this week (including GTA4).

Looks a good deal
    ]http//ww…na/

I you have a virgin credit card you get 10% off at zavvi, hence console +gta4 for £279
    ]http//ww…jsf

Original Poster

si_wattsy;2938127

If you have an HMV student card or know someone who has one/can get one … If you have an HMV student card or know someone who has one/can get one you can get 80gb PS3(which come with on ds3 controler) GTA4 and an extra standard pad for about £301 + quidco (£2-£3) from hmv online. PS3 would be sent of royal mail special delivery which is next day too. Prob get tomorrow or friday if ordered soon.

I do have a HMV student card, this looks like a good deal! Even with the points given by Game this deal works out £27 cheaper than them (ok they are selling a DS3 with their bundle).

Thanks.

Edit - The girlfriend is whining that the second controller isn't a dual shock 3.... aside from the rumble feature and the slight weight difference, is there any other differences between them?

Degeneratemoo;2940472

The girlfriend is whining that the second controller isn't a dual shock … The girlfriend is whining that the second controller isn't a dual shock 3.... aside from the rumble feature and the slight weight difference, is there any other differences between them?

No-other differnces (apart from price)

Original Poster

Out of curiosity, how come HMV are doing the student discount for the PS3, I thought it didn't include hardware?

If you go in an HMV strore you wont get 10% off hardware, but HMV Online is classed as a separate company to HMV. HMV Online trade from Guernsey which means they get some sort of exemption from some kind of Tax so they can sell hardware at a discount. (I'm not 100% sure but this is what a manager a HMV merry hill told me when i asked for discount instore cus the website did it.)

Original Poster

Cool, I'll likely be trying that later then!

Thanks again.

Just had a thought too. I think that when you get to the checkout on the HMV site you get offered a selection of blu-ray films for 2.99 each (plus your 10% off) .

Original Poster

Just tried to order this but no student discount is applied, I tried my HMV student card number, my NUS Extra card number, doesn't work.

Oh and they offered me a bunch of duff DVD's, no blu-rays for £2.99

Most disappointed. :shock:

Sorry they have obviously changed it. I know it did work on sunday as that is when i ordered this bundle for myself.

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj173/si_wattsy/hmvmail.jpg
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. MSE collective energy deal coming to an end Autumn22
      2. how to record on line webinar or video from wesbite11
      3. Ripped off by GearBest, VERY ANGRY!1111
      4. Virgin Media phone/TV/internet contract cancelation11

See more discussions