Extension cable?

Original Poster SuperEd

sancho1983

Extension cable?

sorry ment to say want a permanently fixed one by the back door

like this http://www.screwfix.com/sfd/i/cat/74/p2304574_l.jpg
Edited by: "goonertillidie" 24th Feb 2011

aquatext.com/tab…htm

get a socket with the relevant ip code see link above depending on where you will be placing.
Take a "spur" from an existing socket if possibleand connect with twin and earth 2.5 cable. Would also use an rcd protector if there is not one in your consumer unit

how often would it really be used?
as sancho said an extension cable is the easist cheapest safest way if you are not sure around electrics, fitted with an rcd protector. I rarely use my outdoor sockets and an extension lead would suffice when I do !

Original Poster SuperEd

gdp-it

how often would it really be used?as sancho said an extension cable is … how often would it really be used?as sancho said an extension cable is the easist cheapest safest way if you are not sure around electrics, fitted with an rcd protector. I rarely use my outdoor sockets and an extension lead would suffice when I do !

that is true and would be cheaper - cheers for the info though

yeah, ive got a double one of those for the shed, just get that housing, some power cable and a plug, connect them all together, bobs your uncle.

Ive got mine going under the patio & grass and have housed the cable inside some push-fit plastic plumbing tube to protect if it some twonk like me forgets the cables their in 10yrs time......
Edited by: "splatsplatsplat" 24th Feb 2011

I have one like in the picture on the front of my house, does come in useful for mowing the front lawn, but not sure I would pay to have one if it wasn't there

B&Q do an HEC Outdoor Socket Kit for £15.38 clicky

Pre-wired weatherproof 13amp socket (IP55)
2 metres of 3 core cable
RCD plug
Complies with all relevant safety standards
Ideal for outdoor uses
Post a comment
@
    Text