Looking to install antiburgla device, is this Amazon deal any good?

Found 23rd Nov 2017
Hi Guys

Looking for advice. Looking to move into a house that we are
purchasing.

I would need to install a burglar / alarm system and would
try and install something myself. I am ok with these things and do love a
challenge.

I came across this item on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Discoball®-Security-Wireless-Autodial-Intruder/dp/B00LCWM0WG/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_sims?ie=UTF8

Link

Would you guys share your experience of putting similar
setups in your home etc. Is above device a good setup and would you recommend it,
if not, could you please provide some advice and alternatives.

To complicate matters, at some point I would like to install
a Smart hub/ Alexa Plus to do some of these things, have camera integration and
with other home automation. Would you advise be me to do one or other and do
the latter instead. As black Friday is around the corner, I am excited to see
if there are any deals etc.

Thanks guys
Community Updates
Ask
14 Comments
Original Poster
BUMP
Original Poster
what the the alram or the blatanat attempt to cathch attention
rambobambo1 h, 17 m ago

what the the alram or the blatanat attempt to cathch attention

What alarm?
It looks OK but I would probably go for one with a more modern looking control unit and a colour screen - banggood.com/Dig…=CN

Lots of videos on youtube on this system.
Original Poster
Van197326 m ago

It looks OK but I would probably go for one with a more modern looking …It looks OK but I would probably go for one with a more modern looking control unit and a colour screen - https://www.banggood.com/Digoo-DG-HOSA-433MHz-Wireless-GSMWIFI3G-DIY-Accessories-Smart-Home-Security-Alarm-Systems-Kits-p-1179451.html?rmmds=detail-left-hotproducts&cur_warehouse=CNLots of videos on youtube on this system.

Thanks, would you buy it from China, I am hesitant dont trust if it would break or could be broken into like deactivated without authorization.

any other suggestions
also anyone able to advise on using smart devices using ALEXA or smarthings hub
rambobambo15 m ago

Thanks, would you buy it from China, I am hesitant dont trust if it would …Thanks, would you buy it from China, I am hesitant dont trust if it would break or could be broken into like deactivated without authorization.any other suggestionsalso anyone able to advise on using smart devices using ALEXA or smarthings hub

This brand of kit is available from Amazon amazon.co.uk/Zyo…KLT - but generally cheaper from China. I find Banggood very good - they have refunded me on items which failed after a couple of days.

If you do buy anything from China try to break the orders down to less than £15 to make sure you avoid any VAT. Also avoid any DHL shipping options as this is the best chance to avoid any VAT charges.

I would not worry about anyone in China hacking into your alarm - I'm sure they have bigger fish to target than you (and me)!
Edited by: "Van1973" 23rd Nov 2017
Original Poster
Van197325 m ago

This brand of kit is available from Amazon …This brand of kit is available from Amazon https://www.amazon.co.uk/Zyon-Digoo-Wireless-Security-Magnetism/dp/B075GWGKLT - but generally cheaper from China. I find Banggood very good - they have refunded me on items which failed after a couple of days.If you do buy anything from China try to break the orders down to less than £15 to make sure you avoid any VAT. Also avoid any DHL shipping options as this is the best chance to avoid any VAT charges. I would not worry about anyone in China hacking into your alarm - I'm sure they have bigger fish to target than you (and me)!

makes sense

anyu ideas or advise on using ALEX to do some of this stuff OR are these two completely different usecases
I have Echos/Dots - don't think I would want to control an alarm system by voice - others could shout through the letter box "Alexa, switch off xyz".

I think if you have control functionality on your phone - arm/disarm and alarm notification - is all you need. The Digoo also allows for RFID devices - so you could set and disarm with just a RFID tab, as well as a remote control unit on your key ring.

If you are going to install Echos/Dots have a look at sonoff products - lots of great home automation stuff very cheap that works well with Amazon Alexa.
I brought one of these from eBay a few years ago. They pretty easy to install. Just plug in the aim and follow the instructions and it's easy as that.
I would be careful from ordering from China as I did with the first purchase as the alarm was all set up in Chinese language.
I would recommend these as they do a lot for the money. Any
Edited by: "refix" 23rd Nov 2017
Original Poster
refix3 h, 41 m ago

I brought one of these from eBay a few years ago. They pretty easy to …I brought one of these from eBay a few years ago. They pretty easy to install. Just plug in the aim and follow the instructions and it's easy as that. I would be careful from ordering from China as I did with the first purchase as the alarm was all set up in Chinese language. I would recommend these as they do a lot for the money. Any

Hi

Can you share the link please thanks
rambobambo23rd Nov

HiCan you share the link please thanks

It was similar nto this one but it's been a few years now.
Also if you do go ahead in buying it just remember that every time you set up a sensor or anything else you need to remove the battery or turn it off before programming the next sensor. As it causes conflict.
But apart from that just follow the instructions and it's a easy setup
Correct link
Edited by: "refix" 8th Dec 2017
Hi sorry I think I put the incorrect link in the above message.
eBay alarm
Original Poster
Thanks for the help
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants