Groups

Looking to invest in a digital camera

Good Evening people.

I'm looking at buying a new digital camera, and I have no idea where to start. So I would like to know what you would recommend?
    I don't want anything too pricey. Under £100 would be great. I want a camera that looks the part and it needs to be thin. I don't want to have something too bulky. And obviously it has to take pretty decent pictures.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

11 Comments

Canon IXUS 105 Digital Camera - Pink (12.1 MP, 4x Optical Zoom) 2.7 Inch PureColor LCD
    we looked at this camera on amazon it comes in pink brown silver and aqua , i dont really know a lot about cameras but it has got really good reviews £99.99

Original Poster

I'll check that out now. Thanks

Original Poster

whatsThePoint

you could probably get a camera that suits your needs for £50

That would be good. But I really don't know where to start looking to be honest.

go to offeroftheday.co.uk put in digital cameras in the search box , it will give you a good idea of the broad range of cameras that are available from £10.00 upwards you can look at some of the different specifications the cameras have to offer , this site is always my first port of call when i am looking for something .
    Edited by: "mishka1127" 20th Oct 2010

Original Poster

The specs on that don't look bad, but I'm looking for something a bit more, stylish/pretty, and thinner. I know, I'm very picky.
    Edited by: "WRXiceman" 20th Oct 2010

Original Poster

whatsThePoint

no prob, it was only a starting point and your only at half your budget … no prob, it was only a starting point and your only at half your budget so far

Thanks for that suggestion though. I do appreciate it

Original Poster

I'd love anything that looks like this http://www.itechnews.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/Sony-Cyber-Shot-DSC-TX5-Ultra-Tough-Camera-black.jpg

But that specific camera is around £250 I think, so it's way out of my price range.

I think the above suggestion for an Ixus is a good one as it is a very stylish and small camera, I don't think you'll find much else in that price range that offers anything similar. I bought an Ixus 100 for my Mum for much the same reasoning as she wanted a very slender camera she could easily carry with her and very pleased with the Ixus. I think Panasonic and Fuji have some similar slim cameras as the Sony above for less although I don't think they're a good choice, the super slim design rather than the conventional extending lens barrel is not good for image quality.

John
    Edited by: "Johnmcl7" 20th Oct 2010

Original Poster

whatsThePoint

nearest i can find to that at the moment is ebay 350384015082 but its £125

Oh I like that A LOT!
    Cor, only if it was in black, I'd pay the little extra for it.

Fuji 10m pixel touch screen digital camera FinePix Z300 was £239.00Now £119.00Save £120.00
    Cat No: PS80614 woolworths or additions on line buy now pay oct 2011 their might even be some discount codes available .

Fujifilm FinePix Z70 Slimline 12 Megapixel Digital Camera Purple
    Item code: 119644962 £129.00 these two cameras are a bit more then you are looking to pay but are nice looking cameras
    at sainsburys

Banned

bizarre that people get fixated more on how a camera looks rather than the quality of the picture it takes. No-one looks at you when you are taking a pic lol

I would recommend a Pentax Optio H90 - superb price for a quality camera but doubt op would appreciate it aesthetically lol

hotukdeals.com/dea…496
    Edited by: "csiman" 20th Oct 2010
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4332025
      2. Back to school: what's your views on your kids uniform and piercing rules e…26112
      3. Samsung Note 845
      4. Jeremy Corbyn #traingate1216

See more discussions