Looking to study in Australia at university - anyone help me

Banned 7 replies
Found 16th Jul 2009
I am doing a gap year first, then thinking in a years time studying at Brisbane University in Australia

However the fees per year are £12,000 and Halls are £6,000 a year then about £6,000 a year again for living costs and insurance and books etc

Anyone know the best way to pay for the £24,000 a year fees

I am 21, and have about 40k in the bank already but would be using about half that in my gap year

I am looking at loans but they are all 10%

Anyone know any loop holes like grants etc

Please help

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
7 Comments

You're 21 and you've got 40k?? How did you get that much?

[COLOR="Red"]You should start up your own business or gamble your £40K on a dead cert.

HTH.[/COLOR]

Spriggan;5767142

[COLOR="Red"]I'm 17 and I earn £82K a year.

So being 21 and having £40K isn't really that much TBH.[/COLOR]

Your best bet would be to ring the uni, explain your situation and see if they can refer you to anyone.

To be honest though, since your British (I'm assuming) you probably won't get any handouts and will need to get the money off your own back.

And as for taking out a loan, I wouldn't advise it. Not on that large an amount anyway.

If you can't afford it then ask family for help. If you can't ask for help then save up for another few years :thumbsup:

Original Poster Banned

Spriggan;5767142

Ran my own business for 2 years

Original Poster Banned

King of Thieves;5767177

Your best bet would be to ring the uni, explain your situation and see if … Your best bet would be to ring the uni, explain your situation and see if they can refer you to anyone.To be honest though, since your British (I'm assuming) you probably won't get any handouts and will need to get the money off your own back.And as for taking out a loan, I wouldn't advise it. Not on that large an amount anyway.If you can't afford it then ask family for help. If you can't ask for help then save up for another few years :thumbsup:

I'm Irish and British, dual nationality, anyone know any irish things that may help me

Johnrulez;5767329

Ran my own business for 2 years

Respect! :thumbsup:
Good luck to your studies, sorry couldn't offer any help!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. word association Game74244871
    2. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52322826
    3. Misco about to go into administration912
    4. Add one, leave one game54315392

See more discussions