Looking to swap my OnePlus 3, help!

Found 8th Feb
I have the 6GB/64GB OnePlus 3 which I picked up for £310 on release. It's a great phone and well worth the money. However, recently I have been looking to replace it with something else. Reasons being OnePlus are in the media a lot for sending data back to China, whether it's true or not I don't know, and the other is my phone can be sat next to me with full bars and i just get a missed call notification, happens all the time and starting to do my head in.

I would ideally like a QHD screen, so been looking at the Samsung S7.

Also like the look of the ZTE Axon 7 as it has the best audio chip.

Just wondered what everyones opinions were? Obviously I'd just go buy the S8 if I could afford it, I had a OnePlus phone for a reason, but losing faith in them now.

Thanks!
Community Updates
Ask
12 Comments
I would first check that it's not a network problem rather than your actual phone.
Dyslexic_Dog28 m ago

I would first check that it's not a network problem rather than your …I would first check that it's not a network problem rather than your actual phone.

How would I go about doing that? The network has full signal all the time and I can make calls whenever I like. Just when receiving calls and the phone is locked.
What's your budget and I have heard great things about the Honor phones.
Robot_Rooster8th Feb

What's your budget and I have heard great things about the Honor phones.

I reckon I could sell the OnePlus 3 for around £200 if I'm lucky, mint condition. So let's say £350.

I am open to suggestions, I like the Sony's but the good ones are expensive, the Samsungs are good but expensive, don't like Apple. I'm trying to stay away from cheap Chinese phones as I hear a lot of bad things.

Anyone know a good refurbished phone shop you can trust?
OGNinjaDon44 m ago

How would I go about doing that? The network has full signal all the time …How would I go about doing that? The network has full signal all the time and I can make calls whenever I like. Just when receiving calls and the phone is locked.

1. did you do a basic troubleshooting first
a. are you using a custom dialer app?
b. try if the phone behaves the same in safe mode
c. factory reset

2. QHD screens are a marketing gimmick. I dare anyone to notice a difference between quality 1080p vs average QHD. battery life is also worse on said screen not to mention performance
3. sound chip in the axon is also for snobs. you would need headphones worth more than the phone itself to hear the difference.
OGNinjaDon35 m ago

I reckon I could sell the OnePlus 3 for around £200 if I'm lucky, mint …I reckon I could sell the OnePlus 3 for around £200 if I'm lucky, mint condition. So let's say £350.I am open to suggestions, I like the Sony's but the good ones are expensive, the Samsungs are good but expensive, don't like Apple. I'm trying to stay away from cheap Chinese phones as I hear a lot of bad things.Anyone know a good refurbished phone shop you can trust?

The Honor phones are available for sale over here and all phones are made by China.

I can tell you who not to go to. Musicmagpie, if your phone breaks they will never refund you, just constantly keep giving you replacements. CeX are way overpriced with their phones so I wouldn't bother with them either.

It's not to everyone's taste but you can try cahsconverters, they have an online shop and since they are listed by staff members you can sometimes get real bargains.

Sony are weird, they seem to be doing their own thing, not following trends and their recent announced phone has a mirror back which is so bizzare.

I have heard burning issues with oled screens but it is difficult to tell the nitpicks with the more serious issues with these tech websites.
To be completely honest your data is either going back to China or America anyway through android. It’s the price you pay buying a phone with software developed by an advert company.

Save your money and Stick with what you have the rest are no more secure.
Dannyrobbo23 m ago

To be completely honest your data is either going back to China or America …To be completely honest your data is either going back to China or America anyway through android. It’s the price you pay buying a phone with software developed by an advert company.Save your money and Stick with what you have the rest are no more secure.

Damn, I left the Tin foil hat at home for this thread.
mattsk1 h, 11 m ago

1. did you do a basic troubleshooting firsta. are you using a custom …1. did you do a basic troubleshooting firsta. are you using a custom dialer app?b. try if the phone behaves the same in safe modec. factory reset2. QHD screens are a marketing gimmick. I dare anyone to notice a difference between quality 1080p vs average QHD. battery life is also worse on said screen not to mention performance 3. sound chip in the axon is also for snobs. you would need headphones worth more than the phone itself to hear the difference.

I don't know what troubleshooting to do. I am/have been using True Caller, which I have now uninstalled to see if this helps. I will try the other 2 options as a last resort.

It's not just the QHD, the screen on the oneplus has a weird tinge of colour any angle other than direct, I've seen Samsung screens and they are far superior.

I listen to a lot of music and ASMR audio through my phone, and I have some 250Ohm open back headphones that would seriously benefit from a Dolby Atmos audio chip. I do have an external dac at the minute but would be nice to have all in one.

My issue is that the price I got the OnePlus 3 for doesn't even come close to anything else similar. I would pretty much have to get a much worse phone for my money
Dannyrobbo38 m ago

To be completely honest your data is either going back to China or America …To be completely honest your data is either going back to China or America anyway through android. It’s the price you pay buying a phone with software developed by an advert company.Save your money and Stick with what you have the rest are no more secure.

See I used to think this a lot, and it probably is true. However, I think you buy into a certain amount of security with the bigger brands. Also even if the data sending is not intentional, cheaper phones have been shown to be infected by spyware and other things.
OGNinjaDon11 m ago

I don't know what troubleshooting to do. I am/have been using True Caller, …I don't know what troubleshooting to do. I am/have been using True Caller, which I have now uninstalled to see if this helps. I will try the other 2 options as a last resort.It's not just the QHD, the screen on the oneplus has a weird tinge of colour any angle other than direct, I've seen Samsung screens and they are far superior.I listen to a lot of music and ASMR audio through my phone, and I have some 250Ohm open back headphones that would seriously benefit from a Dolby Atmos audio chip. I do have an external dac at the minute but would be nice to have all in one.My issue is that the price I got the OnePlus 3 for doesn't even come close to anything else similar. I would pretty much have to get a much worse phone for my money

again, quality screen doesnt have to be QHD (look at apple and their colour replication etc)

if you have good open headphones you probably have good sound system at home. open headphones outdoors is hypocrisy in itself when talking sound qualit
mattsk1 h, 9 m ago

again, quality screen doesnt have to be QHD (look at apple and their …again, quality screen doesnt have to be QHD (look at apple and their colour replication etc)if you have good open headphones you probably have good sound system at home. open headphones outdoors is hypocrisy in itself when talking sound qualit

Most of my listening is via my phone in bed. So I bought an external USB DAC which i link to my phone.

Yeah Apple have great screens, just don't fancy the whole 'Apple' experience.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants