Looking to travel from belfast

Found 21st Oct 2017
Hello guys and girls

I havent travelled very much before and seeing as i work from a laptop from home i was thinking of just taking off for 4-6 weeks and visiting a few places as cheaply as possible.

i have a few questions if you people would be kind enough to advise.

i have found a cheap flight to turkey (Dalaman) and accommodation there for a week. i have seen you need a £20 visa to enter turkey also. i have mainly been searching on travel republic. are there other , better sites out there i should be using ?

also has anyone then got any suggestions as to maybe a few more destinations after turkey ? im just not sure where to check. if someone could give me an idea of maybe a few places that wouldnt cost too much to travel to from Turkey but still has cheap accommodation like Turkey (maybe not quite as cheap , it seems really cheap).

I got a cheap flight to Turkey on the 26th of this month so all going well i should be leaving then. Any advice or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

cheers
Community Updates
Ask
4 Comments
If you are in the dalaman area, you can get a ferry from marmaris to Rhodes cheaply
psychobitchfromhell1 h, 6 m ago

If you are in the dalaman area, you can get a ferry from marmaris to …If you are in the dalaman area, you can get a ferry from marmaris to Rhodes cheaply

no visas required for a short stay from what i can see less hassle for me. i will have a look at this and welcome any different suggestions or even a suggestion for somewhere after here. again if possible somewhere within easy/cheap travel distance and somewhere that has reasonably cheap accommodation.
billysablo1 h, 54 m ago

no visas required for a short stay from what i can see less hassle for …no visas required for a short stay from what i can see less hassle for me. i will have a look at this and welcome any different suggestions or even a suggestion for somewhere after here. again if possible somewhere within easy/cheap travel distance and somewhere that has reasonably cheap accommodation.

There is a visa requirement (just another money grab imo) evisa.gov.tr/en/

I like the ferry idea above but I'd just use Skyscanner.net and find a cheap destination (I notice Istanbul for £9 one way). From Istanbul pick another cheapy. Unless you've any special reasons you should stay in Eastern Europe though because cost of living is much cheaper and your money will go much further.
deleted912245
Hi Billy,

You’re right to think Turkey is cheap. Its extremely cheap because its stability. Prices recently dropped massively due to a number of political decisions in the region, followed with Government un stability and a Coup attempt last year. Not to worry you though as Dalaman should be safe, however, the threat of terrorism is a real possibility and should seek FCO advice. You should be stopped at the airport in the UK just after security, Dont panic and remain calm don’t cause any suspicion or you could be detained for interviews etc they will simply ask how long and where you’re going to stay, this is just a routine check as Turkey is the route that British National Islamic state fighters have been using to gain entry to Syria. Most of all try learning a little bit of the Language Hello- Merhaba Please- Lutfen Thank you- Teshekurler-(spelt something like that my speaking is better;) ) But enjoy your stay and take advantage of the Pound-Lira and always haggle in market deals! If you think its too good to be true trust your instinct it probably is!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants