Looking to upgrade my main system and need help.

Found 30th Mar
Hi, I'm looking to upgrade my main system and the parts I've checked out are
Parts List
Only issue is I'm not sure whether to go from the corsair H150i pro or Alphacool Ice Bear/EisBaer 360 CPU. I've no need for RGB as it's hidden behind my GPU. The Alphacool on paper looks better but I've not got any experience with them.

thanks
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
Are you planning to overclock? I have the same processor and am still using (coolermaster.com/coo…vo/ from my old build with new fans which is no where near anything as crazy as those coolers) and it keeps the processor nice and cool.

Just in case you don’t already know (I expect you do) the most important part of a build is the case and if your not over clocking and your getting bad temps change your case, add some extra fans into the new case and ease back on the other cooling (unless your planning to overclock a lot in which case you may need to do both).
cmdr_elito25 m ago

Are you planning to overclock? I have the same processor and am still …Are you planning to overclock? I have the same processor and am still using (http://www.coolermaster.com/cooling/cpu-air-cooler/hyper-212-evo/ from my old build with new fans which is no where near anything as crazy as those coolers) and it keeps the processor nice and cool.Just in case you don’t already know (I expect you do) the most important part of a build is the case and if your not over clocking and your getting bad temps change your case, add some extra fans into the new case and ease back on the other cooling (unless your planning to overclock a lot in which case you may need to do both).

Thanks for the reply, I've got a core x9 case that will take pretty much any cooling solution. I'll be running x2 200mm fans on the front to feed it and the rad on the the top above the motherboard blowing out. I bought an evo for my 3770 and it's ok but I prefer the thermal headroom of an AIO.

From what I've read the i7 8700k runs very hot, a lot hotter than my fx8350 which levels off about 50c in prime. I'd rather grab a good cooling solution and get a mild overclock at about 4.8GHz if I need to emulate.
You'll probably find front mounted radiators cool alot better . Especially if your running a non blower GPU
If my experience is anything to go by. Try and avoid an AIO that relies on USB control. I had an H100iv2 and the USB failed, seems to be a common issue. I was stuck with fans on full tilt, defeating the lower noise goal.
Back to a Noctua ND15 and happy. Though my GPU is an AIO cooled model.
Pitch^^3 h, 55 m ago

You'll probably find front mounted radiators cool alot better . Especially …You'll probably find front mounted radiators cool alot better . Especially if your running a non blower GPU

GPU is a blower, r9 290. I use the rad on exit to help reduce vrm temps on my mother board. At the moment I've a 200mm fan above my motherboard drawing heat out of the case.
kester764 h, 51 m ago

Thanks for the reply, I've got a core x9 case that will take pretty much …Thanks for the reply, I've got a core x9 case that will take pretty much any cooling solution. I'll be running x2 200mm fans on the front to feed it and the rad on the the top above the motherboard blowing out. I bought an evo for my 3770 and it's ok but I prefer the thermal headroom of an AIO.From what I've read the i7 8700k runs very hot, a lot hotter than my fx8350 which levels off about 50c in prime. I'd rather grab a good cooling solution and get a mild overclock at about 4.8GHz if I need to emulate.

No worries as I said if your not going to overclock the evo is fine, but as your planning to, the liquid cooling is probably going to be your best option. Also the intel chips are designed to run hotter and this is normal performance.
Edited by: "cmdr_elito" 31st Mar
Oneday772 h, 56 m ago

If my experience is anything to go by. Try and avoid an AIO that relies on …If my experience is anything to go by. Try and avoid an AIO that relies on USB control. I had an H100iv2 and the USB failed, seems to be a common issue. I was stuck with fans on full tilt, defeating the lower noise goal. Back to a Noctua ND15 and happy. Though my GPU is an AIO cooled model.

I've done alright aio wise. I prefer to dump the heat out of the case. I need to invest in a decent fan controller as well.
cmdr_elito1 h, 47 m ago

No worries as I said if your not going to overclock the evo is fine, but …No worries as I said if your not going to overclock the evo is fine, but as your planning to, the liquid cooling is probably going to be your best option. Also the intel chips are designed to run hotter and this is normal performance.

Listening to my evo at the moment, not so silent. Really need to buy a new case at some point
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants