Looking to upgrade thermostat at home

Posted 14th Jan
I am wondering if people can advise on a simple upgrade that won’t require too much work from the thermostats (as in the picture). Is there anyway of replacing these with a thermostat I can control from my mobile? Or will I have to install a bridge and the piece that connects directly to the boiler. Any help/advice is appreciated.
3388051-fvK7S.jpg
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

5 Comments
that's not a thermostat, it a programmer/controller. What type of boiler/system do you have ?
We replaced ours with Nest..Sorry can't help much! But we had our plumber fit it for us. And there is a piece that connects to the boiler.

It was similar to yours but under the boiler which is now replaced with the bit for the Nest.

The Thermostat was in the living room which is now replaced with the Nest control
Edited by: "Tiddly_fiddly" 14th Jan
i think it is very simple to replace the thermostat with a hive one. there are videos to show you how to do so.
paulj4814/01/2020 10:18

that's not a thermostat, it a programmer/controller. What type of …that's not a thermostat, it a programmer/controller. What type of boiler/system do you have ?

The boiler system is logic combi 35
justonemore14/01/2020 12:13

The boiler system is logic combi 35

So you need to replace the controller in the picture with the bridge that comes with the smart thermostat then disconnect and decommission the old stat (I presume you have 1 as one is required to comply with building regs) The new smart thermostat will then connect to the new bridge wirelessly, how you power the new stat depends on the model, some work of batteries, some a plug in PSU and some can be powered using the old stat cable you've decommissioned.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions