Found 3rd Nov 2006
New to the Forum, i must say it looks additive finding bargains and freebies hehe..
Anyway cool Forum and completely differant to my normal interests of astronomy (stop laughing) ;-)

Keep up the good work everyone.

James

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
11 Comments

Welcome to hotukdeals :thumbsup:

It is addictive, and you can save a small fortune. Enjoy ya self

Hi orionthehunter. Welcome to HUKD - it is really addictive!!!

Original Poster

Thanks for the welcome

Welcome to HotUKDeals orionthehunter Interesting hobby you have [from the other thread ;-)].

Original Poster

Cheers Rayman must say seems a friendly place nice n refreshing..

it is friendly orionthehunter...but it would help if you had a shorter name!! LOL
Hope to hear from you ..and yes you had a lucky break having Jonathan Davies play for you!!..or was it also Widnes...or just Widnes???

Hello ]orionthehunter.
Welcome, and enjoy your stay.
X10

Original Poster

it is friendly orionthehunter...but it would help if you had a shorter … it is friendly orionthehunter...but it would help if you had a shorter name!! LOL

LOL just call me Orion

James/Orion
PS:Not into rugby sorry..

Welcome to HUKD orionthehunter.

My OH went to Fort Davis in Texas, near the McDonald observatory, 9,000 ft above sea level. No one who wasn't employed there could go into the observatory but could go up to the grounds at night as long as they didn't switch on there car's lights in that vacinity.

Looking up at the night sky at that level, the sky was filled with stars from the milky way and every passing sattelite and space ship in orbit could be seen. Plus hundreds of shooting stars. A spectacular sight.

Original Poster

Palspal, i wish i could of been there, a few Astro friends have been and they had to be dragged away from those skies as you say the milkyway is spectacular in those conditions. Nearest i got to that was in wales near breakon beacons awesome sight.

James

I wish I could go there too but I hear about it all the time and it's a delight to see his face as he describes it again.

When we win the lottery (that is much, much, much more than the usual £10) it's one of the places on my list of 'must see'.

Pauline
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Switch from BT to BT same property different person631
    2. Home CCTV system advice.22
    3. Christmas presents48
    4. Advice on claiming from Salford Council pot hole damage44

See more discussions