Looks like 3 three are down

Posted 17th Oct
looks like 3three uk are down all over the uk #threedown
3310487.jpg
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
Customers shouldn’t notice any difference then......
16 Comments
Wondered why I couldn't get anything on my phone this morning
It's been down most of the night.
cmdr_elito17/10/2019 07:46

I really really didn't lol
Was down for both calls and 4g since 11 last night, typical that my phone and 4g broadband is with them 🙈. Will need to keep another networks sim handy for future issues.

Will be contacting them this evening about compensation - they are normally pretty generous with issues.
It was down last night for me, started at around 11pm, no signal, searching etc
Edited by: "claire7519" 17th Oct
alictait17/10/2019 09:53

Was down for both calls and 4g since 11 last night, typical that my phone …Was down for both calls and 4g since 11 last night, typical that my phone and 4g broadband is with them 🙈. Will need to keep another networks sim handy for future issues. Will be contacting them this evening about compensation - they are normally pretty generous with issues.

Was thinking the exact same thing about other sims. If I was to buy a couple of sims and top them up how long does the credit/data stay on them?
STRICKIBHOY17/10/2019 10:49

Was thinking the exact same thing about other sims. If I was to buy a …Was thinking the exact same thing about other sims. If I was to buy a couple of sims and top them up how long does the credit/data stay on them?

Not too sure, need to do some research. I know that o2 used to be a year and think virgin credit stays indefinitely, but assume if three were down then Virgin would be also ?. I have an EE mobile broadband sim kicking around somewhere, might need to try and find that.
I know it's desperate times when I have to play the dinosaur game for entertainment

And yes my highest score is 456
38685233-kHx98.jpg
Edited by: "speedy2019" 17th Oct
alictait17/10/2019 11:11

Not too sure, need to do some research. I know that o2 used to be a year …Not too sure, need to do some research. I know that o2 used to be a year and think virgin credit stays indefinitely, but assume if three were down then Virgin would be also ?. I have an EE mobile broadband sim kicking around somewhere, might need to try and find that.

Yeah I bought a Tesco sim there just stuck a tenner in it so i can use Google maps to get me from one side of the country to the other lol. It's my own daft fault for relying on 3, but I'll pick up sims and keep them as back up. Virgin should be ok as they piggy back through EE but I'll defo be packing in 3, so it's between o2 and EE for me now.

For what it's worth the 3 network is apparently slowly getting back up and running but with a slow and limited connection.
Edited by: "STRICKIBHOY" 17th Oct
STRICKIBHOY17/10/2019 11:20

Yeah I bought a Tesco sim there just stuck a tenner in it so i can use …Yeah I bought a Tesco sim there just stuck a tenner in it so i can use Google maps to get me from one side of the country to the other lol. It's my own daft fault for relying on 3, but I'll pick up sims and keep them as back up. Virgin should be ok as they piggy back through EE but I'll defo be packing in 3, so it's between o2 and EE for me now.For what it's worth the 3 network is apparently slowly getting back up and running but with a slow and limited connection.

Ahhh, that’s right Virgin is EE not Three. I guess the only good thing about this is that it makes us think of a good back up plan. Glad you managed to get sorted. Remember that you can also download sections of google maps for offline navigation. Tomtom will also give you 50 miles (a week?) for free.

Seems to be fairly decent service again, although just had to use the app to get back onto HUKD.
alictait17/10/2019 11:34

Ahhh, that’s right Virgin is EE not Three. I guess the only good thing a …Ahhh, that’s right Virgin is EE not Three. I guess the only good thing about this is that it makes us think of a good back up plan. Glad you managed to get sorted. Remember that you can also download sections of google maps for offline navigation. Tomtom will also give you 50 miles (a week?) for free.Seems to be fairly decent service again, although just had to use the app to get back onto HUKD.

I've still to work out the whole downloading maps side of things. I'll see how it goes and if it picks me up if I change locations, and gets me back on route? And I'm supposed to be a tour driver
STRICKIBHOY17/10/2019 10:49

Was thinking the exact same thing about other sims. If I was to buy a …Was thinking the exact same thing about other sims. If I was to buy a couple of sims and top them up how long does the credit/data stay on them?

I've got credit on O2 & Giffgaff PAYG sims. Had the credit for years. Just need to send a text from them every 3/4 months. Great to keep as spares or for when main phone network has problems
I've been with 3 circa 10 years. In all that time this is the first outage I can remember. Throwing your toys out the pram because you've had no service for 10 hours is a bit ridiculous, especially when you compare what three charge compared to others for unlimited data.

I'll not look for compensation, but if offered I'll obviously take it. £16 a month works out about 50p per day for unlimited data. A 12 hour outage. Think I'll spend my 25p on Freddo.
sjs3117/10/2019 13:20

I've got credit on O2 & Giffgaff PAYG sims. Had the credit for years. …I've got credit on O2 & Giffgaff PAYG sims. Had the credit for years. Just need to send a text from them every 3/4 months. Great to keep as spares or for when main phone network has problems

I spoke to Tesco online chat they said you can only keep what you have on a pay as you go sim for 30 days, seemed kind of pointless. That was the case of the tariff they give you unless you change it somehow. I'll defo get back up as spares.
STRICKIBHOY17/10/2019 14:45

I spoke to Tesco online chat they said you can only keep what you have on …I spoke to Tesco online chat they said you can only keep what you have on a pay as you go sim for 30 days, seemed kind of pointless. That was the case of the tariff they give you unless you change it somehow. I'll defo get back up as spares.

I've always suggested to my son & daughter that they keep a spare PAYG sim in an old phone, especially useful when going on holiday.

O2's Classic 3-2-1 PAYG sim needs a £10 top-up: o2.co.uk/sho…-go
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants