Looks like I'm having a sleepless night!

Found 5th Apr 2008
I was only in bed half an hour, then my toothache started - my root filling has fallen out. Usually a couple of pain killers do the trick. But not tonight, oh no, looks like I'm in for the long haul! m
My wisdom tooth seems to be pushing through right above my already painful tooth. And the pain is mega intense and I have felt close to being sick on a couple of occasions.
Forgive the poor grammar but I have a knobbly boobly lolly covring half my face, as a form of pain relief (not that it's given me much yet).
Think I need the wit and wisdom of any of you hukder's still lucky enough to be awake to keep my mind off the pain.
No pressure there then!

40 Comments

Try to buy a Bag of Cr*p, that'll keep you occupied :lol:

have u tried that clove oil stuff tastes rank but does numb the pain,maybe tesco 24hr would have some

Have u got a bottle of rum? It worked for the sailors

Titchimp;1836579

Have u got a bottle of rum? It worked for the sailors

He's got toothache not IBS :w00t::p

hubby is a dentist..... we r up for a few more minutes... any questions mate....

call up dentaline wud be my advice!!

Original Poster

Dont drink so rum no good. Never heard of clove oil, what do you do drink it or rub it on extremely painful area that won't stop nagging me!!!
So not fair!
Bag of **** - it's not literally poo is it?

Shengis;1836569

Try to buy a Bag of Cr*p, that'll keep you occupied :lol:

HAHAHA your so funny.
Umm hopw you get better mate. This sounds weird but how about putting freezing cold water in your mouth. It might hurt first but after it will make everything go num.
Hope i helped u lol

read ur scenario, hubby says chew a clove and take one paracetamol and one neurofen together. put the whole clove on top of the tooth. thats it really! good luck mate

Original Poster

faiza1;1836591

hubby is a dentist..... we r up for a few more minutes... any questions … hubby is a dentist..... we r up for a few more minutes... any questions mate....call up dentaline wud be my advice!!

Will I have to go to hospital to have wisdom tooth out. It's pushing down on my tooth that is already in pain from a missing root filling?
Best pain relief tips are always welcom. Took 2 ibuprofens about 50 mins ago and they done nothing at all.

Try a spoonful of bicarbonate of soda in a glass of hot(ish) water. Use it as mouthwash. Or use normal mouthwash as that kills the pain for a while.

Mmm.....Nobbly Bobbly...luv 'em!

The Bag o' **** thread has to be visited:-D

Hope you feel better soon.

i simpathise with you mine hurts too

goodnight pals

Original Poster

Just a clove, not clove of garlic or anything. Just so I know what I'm lloking for...

Sheriff Waffles;1836621

Just a clove, not clove of garlic or anything. Just so I know what I'm … Just a clove, not clove of garlic or anything. Just so I know what I'm lloking for...

Clove as in horrible tasting wooden spiky thing:)

Original Poster

faiza1;1836600

read ur scenario, hubby says chew a clove and take one paracetamol and … read ur scenario, hubby says chew a clove and take one paracetamol and one neurofen together. put the whole clove on top of the tooth. thats it really! good luck mate

Shengis;1836611

Try a spoonful of bicarbonate of soda in a glass of hot(ish) water. Use … Try a spoonful of bicarbonate of soda in a glass of hot(ish) water. Use it as mouthwash. Or use normal mouthwash as that kills the pain for a while.

Used mouth wash about god knows how many times, it's not working sadly. However I will challenge myself to raid the far corners of every cupboard for some bicarb!

had both my lowers out in hosp last summer..... not a fun post p feeling but hey... its gotta be done...

no other advice hubby says..... good luck with the night.....hopefully u can get some sleep.... toothache is EVIL!

Shengis;1836632

Clove as in horrible tasting wooden spiky thing:)

haha great description!

hottoshop;1836590

He's got toothache not IBS :w00t::p

He...!!! ............am I turning then :shock:

Clove oil is good or a hold a mouthful of brandy, rum etc

faiza1;1836600

read ur scenario, hubby says chew a clove and take one paracetamol and … read ur scenario, hubby says chew a clove and take one paracetamol and one neurofen together. put the whole clove on top of the tooth. thats it really! good luck mate

How many years of elite uni education to become a dentist?
Only joking,;-)
Sex??

Original Poster

One of my bottom wisdom teeth has already come through is is sat there with the rest of my teeth giving me no pain at all. The top one is being a complete, well, pain! pain all along my cheek bones. Any way will stop the self pity and find stuuf in cupboards - sadly no drinkers in my house - so no booze of any kind. Please let there be a miracle!!!

Original Poster

Weh hey - found some bicarb.... it's 2 years out of date. how bad's that?
Trying salt water til I can get out and get clove oil, neurofen, paracetamol and rum!!!!

Hey everyone get em while you can!!!!!!!!! JELLY BELLY!!
hotukdeals.com/ite…lys

Sheriff Waffles;1836697

Weh hey - found some bicarb.... it's 2 years out of date. how bad's that?

Just use it. I'll warn you now though, it tastes like solpadeine (however it's spelt).

Original Poster

Anyone got a deal for a free cake with royal icing on?
Hehe. at least I haven't lost my humour... yet!

Shengis;1836720

Just use it. I'll warn you now though, it tastes like solpadeine … Just use it. I'll warn you now though, it tastes like solpadeine (however it's spelt).

And what the hell is solpadeine....?

AHAH. Effective pain relief....

badmanmeow;1836745

AHAH. Effective pain relief....

Don't rate it myself, I just take 4 ibuprofen. Was eating them like smarties last time I had toothache.

Try find some Orajel, it's basically a milder form of the local anesthetic that the dentist uses

Original Poster

Just had another ibu, pain slighly eased, will give it half hour then take another. If it's still bad I'm going to knock myself out with the frying pan!
Oh no - my nobbly bobbly has melted ...

Original Poster

Robotochan;1836782

Try find some Orajel, it's basically a milder form of the local … Try find some Orajel, it's basically a milder form of the local anesthetic that the dentist uses

He's the lobster thing out of Futurama isn't he?
Your Avatar I mean..
Is orajel a bit like the bonjela you give babies?

Shengis;1836764

Don't rate it myself, I just take 4 ibuprofen. Was eating them like … Don't rate it myself, I just take 4 ibuprofen. Was eating them like smarties last time I had toothache.

AHAHAHHAHA you crack me up :-D

Banned

bloody whimps, a bit of toothache and your all wailing like banchees (dont know how you spell that - lol)

Original Poster

sassie;1836815

bloody whimps, a bit of toothache and your all wailing like banchees … bloody whimps, a bit of toothache and your all wailing like banchees (dont know how you spell that - lol)

The Iron Lady .. hehe.;-)

sassie;1836815

bloody whimps, a bit of toothache and your all wailing like banchees … bloody whimps, a bit of toothache and your all wailing like banchees (dont know how you spell that - lol)

It's spelt banshees.
B-A-N-S-H-E-E-S. Any other words you need help with?
Lol i'm joking i had to search it...

Lots of places sell temporary filling kits - the same stuff that dentist uses. Felt like it saved my life a couple of weeks back when I was in agony with toothache. It's very very good. Bought mine from Boots, also know some asdas sell it cos my daughter got some there.

Sheriff Waffles;1836794

He's the lobster thing out of Futurama isn't he? Your Avatar I mean..Is … He's the lobster thing out of Futurama isn't he? Your Avatar I mean..Is orajel a bit like the bonjela you give babies?

Yeah

It's a sorta cotton bud where you snap one end off and the liquid flows into the other end, then you swab the sore bit :thumbsup: I used one last month for toothache and it worked a treat

Original Poster

Susannah;1836916

Lots of places sell temporary filling kits - the same stuff that dentist … Lots of places sell temporary filling kits - the same stuff that dentist uses. Felt like it saved my life a couple of weeks back when I was in agony with toothache. It's very very good. Bought mine from Boots, also know some asdas sell it cos my daughter got some there.

Thanks for that. Never knew such things existed. Not sure if they'll work on root fillings but I'll do my research!;-)

hows the tooth today?
try and get some clove oil today,you just dab it on like i said it works but tastes rank :thumbsup:

chesso;1836643

How many years of elite uni education to become a dentist?Only … How many years of elite uni education to become a dentist?Only joking,;-)Sex??

haha! 5 yrs of uni and the advice isnt anything new hey!!

when i watch him pull teeth out its so medieveal as well... dentistry isnt hi tech at all!!!

sorry... wats the 'sex??' bit mean?

sorry i missed HUKD yesterday night was out with colleagues. must remember the remedy for future ref.

hope you feel better sheriff!
Post a comment
@
    Text