Looks like Liverpool will be playing European football next season after all.

As Pompey's appeal to play in the Europa League has been rejected, the team that finishes 7th in the Premier League will get their place. Doubt Liverpool will get any higher but they should just about manage to hold on to 7th place even without Torres!

43 Comments

Villa have got some really tricky games, 6th place should be ours

Winning the Europa League gets you in regardless of league position anyway :thumbsup:

peodude;8429919

Winning the Europa League gets you in regardless of league position … Winning the Europa League gets you in regardless of league position anyway :thumbsup:

Fulham will be ok then ............. ;-)

So long as Everton don't beat us to 7th place!!!!!! Could go either way - fight for forth or even end up iin 8th?????

smithyp1;8429953

Fulham will be ok then ............. ;-)

If Fulham get in via the winning Europa League, I'm sure that means that Burnley get in by winning the Fair Play league :w00t:

midlandscomics;8429971

If Fulham get in via the winning Europa League, I'm sure that means that … If Fulham get in via the winning Europa League, I'm sure that means that Burnley get in by winning the Fair Play league :w00t:

ridiculous isn't it ...........

smithyp1;8429979

ridiculous isn't it ...........

It's a good job Pompey's appeal has been rejected, as we could have had two Championship teams playing in Europe next season..... that's shocking.

in a way I'd rather Liverpool miss out on the Uefa League and just concentrate on the league. If we get 3 or 4 good players in and dont have to play the additional games in Europe we should be able to turn things around

roryk83;8430015

in a way I'd rather Liverpool miss out on the Uefa League and just … in a way I'd rather Liverpool miss out on the Uefa League and just concentrate on the league. If we get 3 or 4 good players in and dont have to play the additional games in Europe we should be able to turn things around

But if we win it this season, and then again next season, we get to keep it just like the European Cup :thumbsup:

If we win it this season, it'll mean we get Everton into Europe too :whistling:

liverpool will finish 8th

there awful to watch anyway less they play on t.v the better.

muffinman_84;8430178

there awful to watch anyway less they play on t.v the better.

Says a Villa fan

Ye Ha!!

I love Channel 5 :roll:

anthonyt;8430443

Says a Villa fan

i dont get it.

whats your point?

muffinman_84;8430178

liverpool will finish 8ththere awful to watch anyway less they play on … liverpool will finish 8ththere awful to watch anyway less they play on t.v the better.

Liverpool need 4 points (effectively 3 with GD) from 3 games to secure at least 7th.

Burnley, Chelsea, Hull

anyone hearing the rumours about Gerrard today?

muffinman_84;8430178

liverpool will finish 8ththere awful to watch anyway less they play on … liverpool will finish 8ththere awful to watch anyway less they play on t.v the better.

Villa aint that good to watch mate, one game plan and when that aint working you are terrible. This time last year we were the best team to watch, in fact didnt we put 5 past your boys

roryk83;8430754

anyone hearing the rumours about Gerrard today?

The ones involving the lad from Derby County??

If so, they're the funniest rumours yet.

roryk83;8430769

Villa aint that good to watch mate, one game plan and when that aint … Villa aint that good to watch mate, one game plan and when that aint working you are terrible. This time last year we were the best team to watch, in fact didnt we put 5 past your boys

last season was a long time ago.

at least we have'nt taken a massive leap backwards.

and that game plan is attacking football. so awful.

muffinman_84;8430801

last season was a long time ago.at least we have'nt taken a massive leap … last season was a long time ago.at least we have'nt taken a massive leap backwards.and that game plan is attacking football. so awful.

it isnt that long ago.

Attacking football? Your whole game plan is based on attacking wingers, any decent team can soon stop that and then your found out for not having any other attack minded players.

We may have taken a step backwards but mainly due to injuries this season, we're not as poor as people seem to think and will bounce back

midlandscomics;8430771

The ones involving the lad from Derby County??If so, they're the funniest … The ones involving the lad from Derby County??If so, they're the funniest rumours yet.

yeah and the 16 year old - where'd you hear them?

roryk83;8430887

yeah and the 16 year old - where'd you hear them?

Via a mate who works in the media - he agrees that there's nothing in them at all though, unless Gerrard happens to be in two places at once today.

midlandscomics;8430909

Via a mate who works in the media - he agrees that there's nothing in … Via a mate who works in the media - he agrees that there's nothing in them at all though, unless Gerrard happens to be in two places at once today.

why would he need to be in two places at once today for them to be true?

Explain the rumour further for me please.

and for me please MC :-D

roryk83;8430885

it isnt that long ago. Attacking football? Your whole game plan is … it isnt that long ago. Attacking football? Your whole game plan is based on attacking wingers, any decent team can soon stop that and then your found out for not having any other attack minded players. We may have taken a step backwards but mainly due to injuries this season, we're not as poor as people seem to think and will bounce back

but you have been poor all season, you have 3 world class players(reina,gerrard and torres) and your manager who makes the worst excuse's ever cant get it right with his signings.

you sold xabi to buy a load of rubbish.

muffinman_84;8431136

but you have been poor all season, you have 3 world class … but you have been poor all season, you have 3 world class players(reina,gerrard and torres) and your manager who makes the worst excuse's ever cant get it right with his signings.you sold xabi to buy a load of rubbish.

We've got at least 4 world class players in Reina, Masherano, Gerrard and Torres. Name another premier league team with 4 "world class" players. We sold Xabi because HE WANTED TO LEAVE. Granted the money could have been used to buy someone like Sneijder but in fairness to him Aqualini has been injured most of the season and no one has really seen him play yet.

Poor all season? We're more or less in the same place in the league as you lot and are on course to reach the Uefa league final (which you started this season in ) so what does that make you - poor all season?!

Your manager is a whinger and is considering whether or not to walk out.

roryk83;8430953

why would he need to be in two places at once today for them to be true?

Because he is 'supposedly' in court today taking out a gagging order against the press, stopping them publishing details of said rumour. Seeing as he's been on trains and planes (and no doubt, automobiles :p) for the last 48-hours, that seems unlikely.

Adam2050;8431041

Explain the rumour further for me please.

lfc_engravedonheart;8431096

and for me please MC :-D

Just gotta do something at work.... give me 10 mins or so

roryk83;8430769

Villa aint that good to watch mate, one game plan and when that aint … Villa aint that good to watch mate, one game plan and when that aint working you are terrible. This time last year we were the best team to watch, in fact didnt we put 5 past your boys

And look where thats got you :whistling:

avfc456;8431411

And look where thats got you :whistling:

I dont see the point you are trying to make. Are you insinuating that the attacking football we played at the end of last season is at fault for our poor season this time around?

midlandscomics;8431387

Because he is 'supposedly' in court today taking out a gagging order … Because he is 'supposedly' in court today taking out a gagging order against the press, stopping them publishing details of said rumour. Seeing as he's been on trains and planes (and no doubt, automobiles :p) for the last 48-hours, that seems unlikely.

His legal representation will be doing it on his behalf, highly unlikely that the Court would require Gerrard's presence to consider whether or not the order be granted

You need to be honest with yourselfs Villa fans, Milner will move on end of the season as probably will a few of the youngsters you have had your best season in a while and mostly due to other teams being pap.

My father put you down as getting 4th and I told him to stop being silly, think I was right in saying you just ain't got in you.

We have had our worst seasons in many a year. We may still win a cup a hope, so not all bad. To say Liverpool are always a bore to watch is damn right stupid.

Adam2050;8431443

You need to be honest with yourselfs Villa fans, Milner will move on end … You need to be honest with yourselfs Villa fans, Milner will move on end of the season as probably will a few of the youngsters you have had your best season in a while and mostly due to other teams being pap. My father put you down as getting 4th and I told him to stop being silly, think I was right in saying you just ain't got in you.We have had our worst seasons in many a year. We may still win a cup a hope, so not all bad. To say Liverpool are always a bore to watch is damn right stupid.

well said. Milner is their best player and will have ambitions to move onto a big club soon. Young and Agbonlahor havn't progressed from last season as expected which is a shame

midlandscomics;8429990

It's a good job Pompey's appeal has been rejected, as we could have had … It's a good job Pompey's appeal has been rejected, as we could have had two Championship teams playing in Europe next season..... that's shocking.

http://www.thirdwave-websites.com/blog/irony-meter.gif

roryk83;8431430

His legal representation will be doing it on his behalf, highly unlikely … His legal representation will be doing it on his behalf, highly unlikely that the Court would require Gerrard's presence to consider whether or not the order be granted

I know that, you know that, my journo mate knows that, but whoever started the rumour seems to believe that it would definitely be Gerrard in court today.... which seeing as that is a load of crap, most probably makes the rest of the rumour crap :thumbsup:

transit;8431696

God, you City fans like to drag things out don't you (the length of time between winning major trophies, for example) :whistling:

What I post in this thread yesterday was a link to a UEFA press release, saying that the wanted to reward higher-placed league teams (rather than cup runners-up) with European places - it came into effect at the start of the Europe League. I really don't know why the Beeb keep going on about Pompey getting a European place regardless of winning or not.

The post of mine you quoted above would have been true if Pompey won the cup and Fulham won the Europa League. Lets just drop it know, shall we

midlandscomics;8431768

The post of mine you quoted above would have been true if Pompey won the … The post of mine you quoted above would have been true if Pompey won the cup and Fulham won the Europa League. Lets just drop it know, shall we

Wrong again :roll:

Dropped to save your prolonged wrongings :):thumbsup:

Banned

i see city has been announced the 19th richest club in the world, just in front of newcastle at 20th

casparwhite;8431920

i see city has been announced the 19th richest club in the world, just in … i see city has been announced the 19th richest club in the world, just in front of newcastle at 20th

?

casparwhite;8431920

i see city has been announced the 19th richest club in the world, just in … i see city has been announced the 19th richest club in the world, just in front of newcastle at 20th

Dont believe a word of it :thumbsup:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_bAJbhg003F4/SmZR0dplvWI/AAAAAAAAAE4/SsmfFQE8jFE/s1600/Soccer%2BSpending%2BPower.jpg
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Three connection78
    2. Question for electrician on bathroom fan44
    3. Is it worth spending £20k on a car?1722
    4. Iphone 7 - What Case?613

See more discussions