Los Cristianos, Tenerife

8 replies
Found 15th May
I've been looking for a resort to take the family in August and have found some good self catering options here. Has anyone been and can tell me what they think of the place? How expensive is it to eat out and are there plenty of reasonably priced supermarkets? Thanks in advance!

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
8 Comments

it's nice. quieter than las americas which is rowdy.
But a nice family resort. not expensive and not full of English bars.
hire a car and see the rest of the island it's truly beautiful.

srp111

it's nice. quieter than las americas which is rowdy.But a nice family … it's nice. quieter than las americas which is rowdy.But a nice family resort. not expensive and not full of English bars.hire a car and see the rest of the island it's truly beautiful.

​+1

nice area, busy enough you've got a lot of choice but lacks the clubs which draw the rowdy type

went a long time ago. agree with srp111. you will find cost are in drinks. drink bottled water only and get stuff from supermarket not resort shop. Google it . as soon as you go in a resurant often children eat free but they sell sell sell the drinks. have a great time we certainly did. went on the glass bottom boat in Las Americas and took coach to lorro parrot park in the north of the island. sun lotion cheap in supermarkets

We go every year, loads of restaurants, quite a few do Menu del dia (3 course meals) for €8.95. Beer available from €1 from some bars along the front. Busy but better for families than Las Americas, plenty to do with boat trips from the harbour, waterparks and nice beach

I lived in Tenerife for 8 years and spent the majority of that in Los Cristianos. There are plenty of places to eat out at reasonable prices and plenty of English bars and restaurants. As expected there's plenty of beaches and it's port has numerous boat excursions (I went to see dolphins all the time). There's a nice big supermercado along with smaller shops, as mentioned above it's more family oriented than places like Playa de las Americas which caters more towards the more active and boozier side.

The south of the island has many nice little towns to see if you fancy a little trip, Los Abrigos has fantastic fish restaurants, Los Gigantes has an amazing location near a cliff plus there were large fish that you can throw food to right near the harbour a bit like feeding ducks

I go to South Tenerife most years, usually over Easter - more for the climate than the culture in all honesty . For a family holiday destination, it's safe, relatively nearby and almost guaranteed decent weather - if a little unexciting.

Los Cristianos near the front has an older, more Spanish feel to compared to further along the coast, which I prefer. Loads and loads of restaurants from tapas and fish to International food to English breakfasts and Subway and burger joints. Do try Pizza y Pasta for great pizza and El Cine for straight up no frills grilled fish. El Pincho along the front was our choice for tapas. Staffed mostly by Spanish ladies, it has a great atmosphere, as they're clearly having fun in what they do.

If you're planning on Siam Park - and you should - buy tickets online in UK online from Attractiontix.com via TCB for a saving.

If it's a family holiday you're doing, I think you could do a lot worse than LC. You can walk along the front towards El Duque (couple of hours) to see for yourself.

We were spending €60-120 for evening meals for a family of four including 'refreshments'.

Just something to keep an eye on if it would bother yourself. Was looking myself at the Canary Islands and noticed that a lot of the SC places do not have AC as standard. Normally head to Portugal/Mainland Spain and used to the fact nearly them all have AC as standard.

go north of the island, Puerto de La cruz is beautiful, no drunk English,.no 1 Euro beer, just traditional Spain.in all its glory.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I5 7600k vs i5 740011
    2. Computer upgrades89
    3. Invisalign dental braces in London22
    4. Whey protien629

See more discussions