Losing your domain name Buying a new one

4 replies
Found 12th Aug 2008
Has anyone here ever lost their domain name due to a re-seller messing them about?

Ive had my domain since 2003, and it has been auctioned off quite recently and the company (Get-Local LTD) are trying to sell me it back for £300, which as anyone in this buisness will know is a rip off.

can anyone recommend a good place for buying a domain and somewhere decent for hosting?

1. Misc
  2. Domain
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Domain
4 Comments

A domain is worth as much as a person / company are willing to pay, these guys know you want it so are trying it on. Annoying eh!
As for domains and hosting a search here should bring up some recommended stuff.
Personally I use one.com and no complaints so far.
vinny

that sucks, I make sure mine are on 'auto renew' so i don't need to worry.
but yeah I use godaddy & 123-reg(which some people hate, but i haven't had any probs with)

I hate 123-reg. Have done ever since they charged me two years renewal on a domain I didn't want them to renew, with zero warning, and then refused to give me a refund. They're like a lot of e-companies - great when it all works, but a gaping hole in your bank account whenever they get something wrong.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. word association Game74244916
    2. Add one, leave one game54415442
    3. The never ending counting with pictures thread !4604813
    4. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…18226645

See more discussions