Expired

Lost £10

Found 26th Mar
if anyone was shopping in Livingston shopping centre yesterday (25/03/18) and lost £10 or knows somebody that did just letting you know it was handed in to the shopping centre staff. I'm writing this so if anyone knows who lost it can claim it and the centre staff don't keep it. I'm not on Facebook so I can't post on there but hopefully the person has seen this and get their money back.

I know it's a slim chance that the true owner will know will know where and when it was lost but I'm hoping that someone will have a rough idea where and when it was lost cause I could tell when it was lost cause one minute it wasn't there then the next it was but for obvious reasons I'm not going tell on here if someone thinks they have lost it p.m me and I'll confirm or not.

I know it seems daft posting this but £10 is a lot of money to some people
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
Well done!

I wonder how long the queue will be by the information desk at Livingstone Shopping Centre this morning?
Edited by: "Predikuesi" 26th Mar
17 Comments
Well done!

I wonder how long the queue will be by the information desk at Livingstone Shopping Centre this morning?
Edited by: "Predikuesi" 26th Mar
LOL How on earth are you supposed to prove that it was yours? You win some. You lose some.
deleted265520
Can you type the post again so it is understandable?
'I know it seems daft posting this'

tru dat
Lol
Given the fact that a woman was recently prosecuted for finding & pocketing a lost £20 note, the OP wasn't daft at all
Peeps always throwing money away in shopping centres.
Never hand money in. Never ever.. Keep it or give to charity..
Claimed, cheers op
freakstyler1 h, 7 m ago

Given the fact that a woman was recently prosecuted for finding & …Given the fact that a woman was recently prosecuted for finding & pocketing a lost £20 note, the OP wasn't daft at all

She was caught on CCTV picking up the money and later lied about it to police, silly xxx I would of kept the cash but left a note with the shop keeper with my details on. No way ever would I hand cash or goods like gold over to anyone other than the police.. You could tell the shop you are taking it to local police station.. That would work.. It can really go bad if you hand over cash. Even if the person returned to shop and asked what are the chances she will ask a person that knows anything. About nil
Edited by: "wayners" 26th Mar
You should file a Lost Police report

Seriously do it
They would check the stores CCTV, if they see you drop the money and they see someone pick it up then that person will probably get arrested for theft
Edited by: "Norseg" 26th Mar
wayners2 h, 12 m ago

She was caught on CCTV picking up the money and later lied about it to …She was caught on CCTV picking up the money and later lied about it to police, silly xxx I would of kept the cash but left a note with the shop keeper with my details on. No way ever would I hand cash or goods like gold over to anyone other than the police.. You could tell the shop you are taking it to local police station.. That would work.. It can really go bad if you hand over cash. Even if the person returned to shop and asked what are the chances she will ask a person that knows anything. About nil

True

But it's not "finders keepers" which is a stupid childish phrase

It's considered Theft, it may not be worth the risk of getting caught if it's a small amount

Even if you pretend to be "The Good Samaritan" than you have to go through the hassle of returning it
If the lady mentioned above handed to shop assistant then that assistant later lied about receiving money then same outcome. Maybe.. She would have been done! ... It's a nightmare really.. Mate lost his job when postman found envelope in trade centre yard and handed it to him. He thought it was just paper work and forgot about it until police turned up that afternoon. He said he was busy with customers and had not got around to look at it. Lost job and criminal record.. Was paperwork from a builder and a wad of cash in envelope. Did he forget or did he look and think I'll keep that? Not ever mentioned now and he's got another job in a yard but says he never heard postman mention cash at the time. Just an envelope with paperwork in. Paperwork is always blowing around yard he said and would often pick up and could remain in coat pocket until he cleared out for days.. I blame the postman for handing over.. Back to my comment. Hang on to it and be sensible and honest. It's not your money.
Edited by: "wayners" 26th Mar
freakstyler4 h, 56 m ago

Given the fact that a woman was recently prosecuted for finding & …Given the fact that a woman was recently prosecuted for finding & pocketing a lost £20 note, the OP wasn't daft at all

Exactly, I recently found £20 note at the self service checkout and handed it in. I just hope the person who lost it claimed it. Now if I found it in the middle of a forest I'd of kept it.
Cynicism of the comments made me lol, but it is very sweet of the OP to post and nice to see some one try and do right.
Edited by: "catbeans" 26th Mar
"My god! £10?!! Don't worry, we'll have a whip round!"
Edited by: "Dantooine" 27th Mar
I always hand money in if I find it in a shop - I always hope that people would do the same if I lost cash - handed in a note last week to a shop assistant - wondered if she would take my name & address, but no!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants