Expired

Lost bank card.. can I use a cash machine to withdraw cash contactless?

Edited by:"LeahsMintytoutou"Found 18th Jun 2017
Can't find my bank card.. used it at work last night and came straight home and can't find it this afternoon.. I'm thinking it will be somewhere in the house so I'm not reporting it till I've looked everywhere..
I just wanted to know as I've seen a contactless symbol on a cash machine.. can I use the cash machine and my card on my phone to withdraw cash? I'm with Barclays.. thanks guys for your help in advance
ps I have tried looking on google and can't find much info about it or how to do it

1. Ask
  2. Card
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. Card
22 Comments

i saw an advert for this for natwest which looked interesting but the advert did not show how you did it. so none the wiser but i guess you use your phone like you pay with android contactless i guess.

Your local branch? does it have cashiers or assisted devices? if it has assisted devices and you're on Android you can get up to £100 cash

Original Poster

mazyaman1 m ago

Your local branch? does it have cashiers or assisted devices? if it has …Your local branch? does it have cashiers or assisted devices? if it has assisted devices and you're on Android you can get up to £100 cash

It has cashiers but it's Sunday and closed.. wanted to try get cash out now if possible

Can be done through the bank app, i know natwest do it not sure about otherd

If that doesn't work, you can try cashback from a supermarket.

Original Poster

parsimony7 m ago

If that doesn't work, you can try cashback from a supermarket.

As far as I'm aware it's not possible to get cashback if paying contactless

Original Poster

ashisgul10 m ago

Can be done through the bank app, i know natwest do it not sure about …Can be done through the bank app, i know natwest do it not sure about otherd

I've got the Barclays banking app but can't see anything about it on there either 😞

I'm not with Barclays but have a read at the below article.

google.co.uk/amp…amp

Original Poster

sydney87118 m ago

I'm not with Barclays but have a read at the below …I'm not with Barclays but have a read at the below article.https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.express.co.uk/life-style/science-technology/734802/barclays-cash-machine-android-phone-contactless-card-withdrawals/amp

Thanks for that.. that was the only info I could find in it when I searched google.. doesn't explain how to use it though.. think I'll have to ring customer services and see what they have to say.. thanks for your help

Original Poster

mutley135 m ago

i saw an advert for this for natwest which looked interesting but the …i saw an advert for this for natwest which looked interesting but the advert did not show how you did it. so none the wiser but i guess you use your phone like you pay with android contactless i guess.

I just tried that at the machine but it doesn't do anything darn.. looks like I'll have to wait till tomorrow n go in branch.. grrr very annoying

LeahsMintytoutou

I just tried that at the machine but it doesn't do anything darn.. … I just tried that at the machine but it doesn't do anything darn.. looks like I'll have to wait till tomorrow n go in branch.. grrr very annoying

Interesting. I have barclays bank app on my phone but i dont think they use android pay as they have their own. I would be interested in using the app to get money out of cash machines if that was possible.

Original Poster

GlesgaNed19 m ago

Go to your nearest Asda, buy something cheap and get cashback?

But isn't it limited to £30 the same as my card on my phone will be? I'm actually on my way to Asda now
been and asked.. nope can't get cashback when paying contactless ..
Edited by: "LeahsMintytoutou" 18th Jun 2017

my Santander cash machine has contactless but it's not what you expect, you need to tap your card against the symbol and then enter your pin code as normal. so it's just an alternative to putting your card into the cash machine.

Original Poster

bandit172 m ago

my Santander cash machine has contactless but it's not what you expect, …my Santander cash machine has contactless but it's not what you expect, you need to tap your card against the symbol and then enter your pin code as normal. so it's just an alternative to putting your card into the cash machine.

Does it prompt you to put your pin on? I'm heading bk to the cash machine in a min to try one more time.. then I'm giving up lol

Original Poster

31229053-jdeWW.jpgWhat's the point in this if it does nothing grr sooo annoying.

LeahsMintytoutou

What's the point in this if it does nothing grr sooo annoying.

​ give it a try? can't you send the money in your banking app to one of your friends on your payee list, then they can withdraw it for you?

Original Poster

mazyaman11 m ago

​ give it a try? can't you send the money in your banking app to one of y …​ give it a try? can't you send the money in your banking app to one of your friends on your payee list, then they can withdraw it for you?

I did try the contactless thing.. did nothing 🤔
Thats a great suggestion about transferring money to a friend.. I've given up now though shops are shut lol..

I am with Barclays too but have no idea what I would do if I lost my card, sorry. Hope you get things sorted! Don't forget to cancel everything if you can't find it, trouble with contactless is that you can do numerous £30 transactions (if your card has been stolen or lost!)

Original Poster

joesmum5 h, 38 m ago

I am with Barclays too but have no idea what I would do if I lost my card, …I am with Barclays too but have no idea what I would do if I lost my card, sorry. Hope you get things sorted! Don't forget to cancel everything if you can't find it, trouble with contactless is that you can do numerous £30 transactions (if your card has been stolen or lost!)

Thanks I'm going to have a good rummage tomorrow around the house.. im pretty sure I'll find it in some weird place around the house. I'm terrible with it. On the contactless note though.. I always thought it's upto £30 per day however many transactions. I work in a shop and this is what we tell people when they ask about it I'll be cancelling tomorrow if I can't find it

For UK transactions there is no daily limit on contactless payments, however there is a limit of £30 per transaction and you need to have enough money in your account to cover the cost of your purchase.

Original Poster

joesmum14 h, 31 m ago

For UK transactions there is no daily limit on contactless payments, …For UK transactions there is no daily limit on contactless payments, however there is a limit of £30 per transaction and you need to have enough money in your account to cover the cost of your purchase.

Thanks.. I can't believe my work has told us all when we first got the contactless ability machines that there is a daily limit of £30 total per day. I'll be telling them tomorrow when I bk there. Ps I know that info is from barclaycard but it will be the same for Barclays visa debit bank card won't it?

LeahsMintytoutou2 h, 29 m ago

Thanks.. I can't believe my work has told us all when we first got the …Thanks.. I can't believe my work has told us all when we first got the contactless ability machines that there is a daily limit of £30 total per day. I'll be telling them tomorrow when I bk there. Ps I know that info is from barclaycard but it will be the same for Barclays visa debit bank card won't it?

i use contactless all the time now as it is so easy than PIN. i was suspicious of it before but i have gotten used to it. there is no limit, you can happily go around paying all day, but each amount has to be less than £30. worrying that it does this for security purpose.
Post a comment
@
    Text