Lost gift card advice

Found 27th Dec 2017
Hoping you lovey people can help! Does anyone have any experience with losing a gift card and being able to get a re-print as such?

We purchased an expensive Bonmarche gift card, but I actually lost it (I still don’t know what safe place I used)... consequently I rebought the gift card because I didn’t find it in time. I have the receipt and transaction number. Is it possible to trace that gift card, cancel that amount and put it on a new gift card (for next Xmas(lol) ).

We asked in store and the lady was unfortunately clueless!

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
12 Comments

Probably best to call their Customer services hotline tomorrow morning

17.10 The risk of loss and title for Gift Cards pass to the purchaser upon receipt of order. We are not responsible if any Gift Card is lost, stolen, destroyed or used without your permission.

Original Poster

chocci2 m ago

17.10 The risk of loss and title for Gift Cards pass to the purchaser upon …17.10 The risk of loss and title for Gift Cards pass to the purchaser upon receipt of order. We are not responsible if any Gift Card is lost, stolen, destroyed or used without your permission.

Thank you very helpful! Just hope it turns up in the next 12 months then haha

It will be in the stupidest place you can imagine. Like the freezer. Hope you find it before it expires. Hopefully you will find it with the v5 for my car. It has to be in the house somewhere.

psychobitchfromhell6 m ago

It will be in the stupidest place you can imagine. Like the freezer. Hope …It will be in the stupidest place you can imagine. Like the freezer. Hope you find it before it expires. Hopefully you will find it with the v5 for my car. It has to be in the house somewhere.

Or in the car (glove box or inside spare wheel
Edited by: "Toptrumpet" 27th Dec 2017

Toptrumpet5 m ago

Christmas crackers turned in a pillowcase in the airing cupboard two years later once. V5 is certainly not in the car. Once found spare car key in a bag of cat litter three years after I traded the car in

Facepalm, shaking head

Original Poster

Toptrumpet30 m ago

Love the ideas you’re giving me! *goes and checks*

as far as i am aware, gift cards are like cash so if you lose it, you've had it.

we had three sainsburys gift cards a couple of years ago, each with £750 on it and so i was so scared when i went shopping that they would get lost one day as it took us ages to spend them! my husband had bought them and i would have been in so much trouble if i lost one.

For future gift cards, if they give the option of a digital gift card, then it's best to go with that. You just get an email and can print it off as many times as you want, so there's no risk of losing it

mutley114 h, 6 m ago

as far as i am aware, gift cards are like cash so if you lose it, you've …as far as i am aware, gift cards are like cash so if you lose it, you've had it.we had three sainsburys gift cards a couple of years ago, each with £750 on it and so i was so scared when i went shopping that they would get lost one day as it took us ages to spend them! my husband had bought them and i would have been in so much trouble if i lost one.

Why did you have three cards? and why so much money on each of them? Do you have a huge family that eat a lot?

Bigfootpete19 m ago

Why did you have three cards? and why so much money on each of them? Do …Why did you have three cards? and why so much money on each of them? Do you have a huge family that eat a lot?

there are only 2 of us and i hardly eat anything except biscuits and cakes, which don't cost much. so our weekly shopping spend at sainsburys was about £60 - £70 so it took us more than 8 months to spend the 3 cards!

my husband had taken out an amex card, which gave cashback at 5% for spend within the first 3 months. as amex is not accepted every where and he had another cashback credit card to use, he thought the best idea was to buy the sainsburys gift cards as we shop there weekly and amex is accepted at sainsburys, then forget about the amex
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants