Groups

lost job

I moved my job from branch to branch last may due to moving home and have had problems with a couple of the staff since i started as i was the move experienced new guy and they didn't like it although I was not in charge. They would hide my forklift and even stole my paperwork it was hell but I have been with the company for 9 years.
    Before xmas I handed in my resignation which I was talked into staying by my branch manager at which I said I would give it 6 months and have a rethink.
    Yesterday I had a argument with my supervisor and today I went in to find all my paperwork trays had been smashed up. When I spoke to the warehouse manager he told me to take a week off as gardening leave (I don't get it either) on full pay and he said it had not worked out me being there and said goodbye and shaked my hand.
    On speaking to hr they said they knew nothing and would look into it and send me a letter.

Now where do I stand I can not go back but should not be sacked as I have done nothing wrong should I take it to a tribunal?

28 Comments

it sounds like bullying, the people who have been doing this to you should be punished, you shouldnt have to leave your job because of these idiots, i would take it further.

Hope you sort it, but i was lol'ing at hiding the forkilift lol!

from what you say - you havent been sacked -

you should really report what has been going on - keeping to conditions of contract

usually - supervisor - dept manager or the like

if you have already done this - you should see hr and say you want to take it further - store manager - regional and so on

silly question time

are you with a union? - if yes - contact regional office
    if no
    start the grievance procedure - then do them for constructive dismissal -do it yourself - everyhing is online

employmenttribunals.gov.uk/

cant you move to another depot? to save all the hassle

dont let the bar stewards grind you down

good luck

Original Poster

Thanks for all you nice replys. I have asked to move branch I think I will take it further.

OP, not being funny but how have you allowed yourself to be the victim? why havent you done something about it...moving jobs is not the answer :?

transit;7598469

OP, not being funny but how have you allowed yourself to be the victim? … OP, not being funny but how have you allowed yourself to be the victim? why havent you done something about it...moving jobs is not the answer :?

THIS^^^^

i would of sorted these fools out a long time ago

in b4 OP walks into work after his leave and shoots everyone with a gun

Banned

numptyj;7598671

in b4 OP walks into work after his leave and shoots everyone with a gun

lol say yello to ma little fwend! :-D

go shank em

I would put in a grievance. Every employer will have a grievance procedure which you will need to go through before taking you employer to a tribunal. As you have worked for the company for so long a tribunal is certainly an option. If you have been dismissed then you can take them to tribunal for unfair dismissal (it will go in your favour if they haven't followed the company dismissal procedure), however if you are being bullied or harassed to the extent where you are unable to continue your job, this may be considered constructive dismissal.

transit;7598469

OP, not being funny but how have you allowed yourself to be the victim? … OP, not being funny but how have you allowed yourself to be the victim? why havent you done something about it...moving jobs is not the answer :?

He moved jobs (or branch) because he moved home. The problems started in the new branch. It says it in the op.

Go see solicitor. You have grounds for constructive dismissal, not to mention bullying in the workplace.

Here's the constructive dismissal link.
    direct.gov.uk/en/…696

Once HR see the Solicitors letter and start asking questions of the local management, the local management are going to **** themselves!

Go for it brother, take them to the cleaners.

Hope it all goes well.

Banned

myjess;7599471

Go see solicitor. You have grounds for constructive dismissal, not to … Go see solicitor. You have grounds for constructive dismissal, not to mention bullying in the workplace.Here's the constructive dismissal link.http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Employment/RedundancyAndLeavingYourJob/Dismissal/DG_10026696Once HR see the Solicitors letter and start asking questions of the local management, the local management are going to **** themselves!Go for it brother, take them to the cleaners.Hope it all goes well.

but he hasnt been dismissed! :?

myjess;7599471

Go see solicitor. You have grounds for constructive dismissal, not to … Go see solicitor. You have grounds for constructive dismissal, not to mention bullying in the workplace.Here's the constructive dismissal link.http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Employment/RedundancyAndLeavingYourJob/Dismissal/DG_10026696Once HR see the Solicitors letter and start asking questions of the local management, the local management are going to **** themselves!Go for it brother, take them to the cleaners.Hope it all goes well.

Good link

csiman;7599741

but he hasnt been dismissed! :?

Constructive dismissal is when an employee is forced to quit their job … Constructive dismissal is when an employee is forced to quit their job against their will because of their employer's conduct.

- from that link.

Make an appointment with HR and detail exactly what has been happening, every last detail. They may be completely unaware of the situation. If your off for the week i'd make a appointment with the CAB too.
    Remember your the victim here and you have rights.

Banned

chesso;7599808

Good link - from that link.

but OP hasnt ben forced to quit. just told to have a weeks paid leave

Banned

Outta interest OP who do you work for?

YOu have a legal right to a safe working enviroment and this includes things like saftey ware and working with others.

Worth looking at acas website too for free advice: acas.org.uk/ind…797.

To be honest I wouldn't go and see a solicitor as the cost probably wouldn't be worth it. When I went through the process of taking my employer to tribunal I did initially see a solicitor but their advice was to go through the grievance procedure before filling in an ET1 form direct.gov.uk/en/…934.

Although my company had employed a massive legal firm I did not feel disadvantaged because the chairman of the tribunal made it his priority to explain any points to me and ensure my understanding. All the info is out there for you without paying for it.

the good thing about people ******* about at work is that, well, you don't have to do any work.
    no forklift = no forklifting of stuff = getting paid for doing nothing = GREAT. just point and laugh in their stupid faces, they won't like that. when I was an apprentice plasterboarder I'd often be asked by hilariously funny and original builders to go get 'glass hammer' etc or a 'long stand', which I'd happily go and pursue it meant free time smoking tabs and drinking coffee etc, then just go back in 15-20mins and see the thick as **** morons fuming 'cos I'd taken so long and not been helping out.

I don't suppose you belong to a union do you markvirgo?

csiman;7599862

but OP hasnt ben forced to quit. just told to have a weeks paid leave

From what he says in the OP

Now where do I stand I can not go back but should not be sacked as I have … Now where do I stand I can not go back but should not be sacked as I have done nothing wrong should I take it to a tribunal?

I think it does sound like constructive dismissal.
    More from that link ( my bold) :

What is constructive dismissal?Constructive dismissal is a form of … What is constructive dismissal?Constructive dismissal is a form of dismissal. If you resign from your job because of your employer’s behaviour, it may be considered to be constructive dismissal. You would need to show that:Your employer has committed a serious breach of contract You felt forced to leave because of that breach You have not done anything to suggest that you have accepted their breach or a change in employment conditionsPossible examples of constructive dismissalThe reason for leaving your job must be serious - there must be a fundamental breach of your contract. Examples include:a serious breach of your contract (eg not paying you or suddenly demoting you for no reason) forcing you to accept unreasonable changes to your conditions of employment without your agreement (eg suddenly telling you to work in another town, or making you work night shifts when your contract is only for day work) bullying, harassment or violence against you by work colleagues making you work in dangerous conditions

chesso;7599909

I don't suppose you belong to a union do you markvirgo?From what he says … I don't suppose you belong to a union do you markvirgo?From what he says in the OP I think it does sound like constructive dismissal. More from that link ( my bold) :

A tribunal will not accept a claim if you have not been through the company's grievance procedure so it is important to follow this procedure before leaving your job.

StudentJo;7600023

A tribunal will not accept a claim if you have not been through the … A tribunal will not accept a claim if you have not been through the company's grievance procedure so it is important to follow this procedure before leaving your job.

^This^ You must exhaust the company procedure entirely first, and then if you get nowhere and you have to resign, you have a case for constructive dismissal:thumbsup:

Original Poster

hi all yes I have made complaints about this before and one off the staff was suspended due to harassing another member of staff while I was on holiday so there is a record of previous events.

markvirgo;7600117

hi all yes I have made complaints about this before and one off the staff … hi all yes I have made complaints about this before and one off the staff was suspended due to harassing another member of staff while I was on holiday so there is a record of previous events.

You need to follow the company's grievance procedure.

are you in a union try contacting them

this kind of thing really is terrible hope you can get it sorted out i wouldn't want to go back but you should fight your corner

Where do you work??!!!................. Sounds horrible.............:w00t:

shibi din;7598975

He moved jobs (or branch) because he moved home. The problems started … He moved jobs (or branch) because he moved home. The problems started in the new branch. It says it in the op.

He also states in the OP he has lost his job and cannot go back

markvirgo;7600117

hi all yes I have made complaints about this before and one off the staff … hi all yes I have made complaints about this before and one off the staff was suspended due to harassing another member of staff while I was on holiday so there is a record of previous events.

Not being unsympathetic but you really have to act like a man and deal with the alleged bullying otherwise youre gonna spend the rest of your work life being bullied :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Best 40 inch TV for £30033
      2. Ask and Misc quieter since for sale has gone?915
      3. Should I buy brand new wd drive without warranty on ebay79
      4. 10% Argos code with glitch40

See more discussions