Groups

lost my phone. looking to buy Chinese dual sim. help...info?

lost my last phone Sunday night, was drunk and fell... I think.
    I'm curious to see what suggestions, tips and useful info anyone here has on buying a Chinese android phone.
    £200 odd is the budget but I can be swayed...
    Needs are simple enough:
    camera doesn't look like a potato.
    Will be able to watch twitch streams, without again making it look like a potato. (Acer tablet I'm writing this on currently does)
    microSD card reader.
    will work on O2 uk and with an interest in moving to Spain in future if anyone knows if it will work there that's a plus.

thanks for any info, I would research all of this but I will just spend hours looking at processors and ram and actually not get the right info.

previous phone: Motorola G4 - want to upgrade but keep screen size or better plus hope button's stay on...

18 Comments

Lenovo ZUK 2

Lenovo P2 - with a 5100 MaH battery it'll power through at least 20 hours of twitch

rikhd

Lenovo P2 - with a 5100 MaH battery it'll power through at least 20 hours … Lenovo P2 - with a 5100 MaH battery it'll power through at least 20 hours of twitch

Plus If you buy a handset form the likes of Gearbest/Ali express you are basically also foregoing any warranty.
    P2 is available unlocked by just walking into a Three store.

Don't worry about the camera paranoia..nothing much up with the P2 Camera, If anything it is an issue with zoomed rendering of the taken image using the stock camera app, loom at the same image with another app (google photos for example) and the image looks fine, Most people are just installing Open Camera from the play store and problem solved.
    Edited by: "Uridium" 14th Apr

P2 is only 5" so no go if you want to keep screen size. Chinese models with b20 would include. Xiaomi redmi note 3 special edition. Redmi note 4 (there is a b20) version. LeEco le max 2 (again only specific version with band 20 and 5.7" screen). Others can probably last more. I have first one. Only problem I found is headphone mic not working roper and is known issue.

Original Poster

Thanks for the suggestions, What's the main spec difference between them and the xiaomis? also I'm no where near a three store, but Imagine they have similar online deals

Andybro

P2 is only 5" so no go if you want to keep screen size. Chinese models … P2 is only 5" so no go if you want to keep screen size. Chinese models with b20 would include. Xiaomi redmi note 3 special edition. Redmi note 4 (there is a b20) version. LeEco le max 2 (again only specific version with band 20 and 5.7" screen). Others can probably last more. I have first one. Only problem I found is headphone mic not working roper and is known issue.

P2 screen size is 5.5".

Mrs ordered a Doogee V6 piano from Amazon Sunday for about £130, it was delivered by Amazon Monday and she's very pleased with it.

jaydalawd

Thanks for the suggestions, What's the main spec difference between them … Thanks for the suggestions, What's the main spec difference between them and the xiaomis? also I'm no where near a three store, but Imagine they have similar online deals

​Yup you can buy it online for the same price (P2)

jaydalawd

Thanks for the suggestions, What's the main spec difference between them … Thanks for the suggestions, What's the main spec difference between them and the xiaomis? also I'm no where near a three store, but Imagine they have similar online deals

​Honestly the battery life of the P2 is worth every penny and with a really efficient processor it destroys cheap Chinese phones with their processors and battery

jaydalawd

You should buy it online anyway, as you can't return it if you don't like it if you buy in-store.

P2 seems very popular but personally I'd go for a Xiaomi, really solid phones global version has latest android with all official updates and a large battery, got two this year already

Original Poster

2 this year as in you now have 2 working or you needed a replacement

Was so happy with the first, that i got another for a family member. The Mi Max and Note 3

Original Poster

sounds like a pleased customer I'm honestly half tempted just to wait for a oneplus 5 (4) to come out and splurge all my cash on it, was looking at the P2 and it's solid. Great phone. Really good recommendation! thank you all!

Sandy1012

P2 seems very popular but personally I'd go for a Xiaomi, really solid … P2 seems very popular but personally I'd go for a Xiaomi, really solid phones global version has latest android with all official updates and a large battery, got two this year already

There are large batteries....and then there's the P2
    Edited by: "Uridium" 14th Apr

barco

P2 screen size is 5.5".

​My bad p2 is 5.5".

Andybro

​My bad p2 is 5.5".

and AMOLED ;-)

Uridium

and AMOLED ;-)

​Reckon I was looking at the z2 not p2
    Post a comment