Lost passport then found it

Posted 28th Feb
Lost passport at home reported it as lost and it got cancelled. Then found it but have already paid £142 for an emergency 1 week passport. Going to Durham tomorrow for meeting. Would they revoke the original cancellation of the passport and then refund the new app
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
I didn't know you needed a passport to get into Durham.

I'm guessing that your old passport would be now flagged as invalid. I'm sure this happens loads of times, so it is best to inquire at the passport office rather than on here. Hope you get your refund.
Edited by: "Predikuesi" 28th Feb
8 Comments
No I'm sure once it's processed and logged as lost that's it...
I didn't know you needed a passport to get into Durham.

I'm guessing that your old passport would be now flagged as invalid. I'm sure this happens loads of times, so it is best to inquire at the passport office rather than on here. Hope you get your refund.
Edited by: "Predikuesi" 28th Feb
Read Page 7 of this document:

assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/gov…pdf

"An LS record can be failed and any application to replace a passport withdrawn only if the passport was declared mislaid at home and the passport holder confirms in writing that they have now found the passport at home and they no longer wish to continue with the application. The applicant must also be asked to confirm that the passport has not been reported missing with any other organisation. The applicant must be advised not to attempt to use the passport until they have received written confirmation from the LSR Team that the notification has been failed."
He has received a number to say it’s cancelled. But I wonder how long the turnaround would be to withdraw the canc
Once cancelled it’s gone....
Take the charge on the chin and report passport found when you get back
Similar thing happened here, if you try to use it at a border in a different country they seize the passport and you have to go to the embassy as once it’s reported lost/stolen it can’t be reactivated. Really messy.
Once passport is reported lost or stolen, it’s cancelled. As you’ve found it again you have send it back. No if’s or but’s.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants