Lost password on Windows 10 , how to reset ?

15 replies
Found 19th Oct 2016
Can someone help me to reset the Windows 10 password , it is a Dell laptop

my son kept putting in the wrong password so many times that it locked up ?

And of course Dell does not include a recovery disc anymore,

I am sure this is not the only one that had this problem ,
but looking on google gives too many answers that are not the same !
So I have no idea which is correct....

Thanks for your help.....

15 Comments

Do you know the password? Assuming you do, Windows 10 doesn't lock you out indefinitely (AFAIK)....it just keeps increasing the time between login attempts. So just be patient and wait for the login option to reappear.

You can buy a USB stick that lets you reset it. Linus tech tips did a video on YouTube about it. You can make your own USB stick but will require some skill

Just reset your outlook password and use that

To be honest this is a universal problem, just hang on until nasa land on mars and by random chance unearth the lost windows 10 recovery disc.

Original Poster

Hi....do not know the original password ,
and do not have an outlook password ,

I `will look at the USB stick idea , I know I need to change the boot order so the USB stick starts up first ,

Keep those ideas coming....Thanks......:)

Have you tried safe load mode? F8 on start up and it will ask for a password.

Original Poster

Capt Kirk

Have you tried safe load mode? F8 on start up and it will ask for a … Have you tried safe load mode? F8 on start up and it will ask for a password.

the password we thought it was does not work , so the F8 will not help, but thanks for the idea

If you go into the Advanced Startup Options menu there is normally a restore to factory option. I restored a Dell a few days ago and it didnt ask for the password. It will wipe the PC though. If that does not work you could download the Microsoft Media creation tool microsoft.com/en-…s10 on another computer and create a usb stick with a windows install. With this you could wipe the PC and reinstall windows yourself. You would need the Windows product key to activate after install, this is normally stuck to the PC.

As above, you won't be locked out just need to put in the correct password, simple. There is a simple way to reset it but as it could be stolen? It's not something to share on here, sorry

redondo

Hi....do not know the original password , and do not have an outlook … Hi....do not know the original password , and do not have an outlook password ,I `will look at the USB stick idea , I know I need to change the boot order so the USB stick starts up first , Keep those ideas coming....Thanks......:)

You can install PCUnocker, Ophcrack or Offline NT Password & Registry Editor onto your USB stick. Note that format your USB with GPT partition table that is required for UEFI.

JameB

You can install PCUnocker, Ophcrack or Offline NT Password & Registry … You can install PCUnocker, Ophcrack or Offline NT Password & Registry Editor onto your USB stick. Note that format your USB with GPT partition table that is required for UEFI.

If they can't work out how to reset an outlook password, do you think they would be able to do this?

Daftfool666

If they can't work out how to reset an outlook password, do you think … If they can't work out how to reset an outlook password, do you think they would be able to do this?

He said he does not have an outlook password rather than not being able to reset it...

You can just flash the image of a repair disc (that is what the usb method does)
These folks are giving you instructions I once followed and it worked without problems.
(with disc replaced by a usb stick.).

Also for multiple methods, you need not worry, there are plenty of ways of doing it ...
Good luck...

Nexusfifth

He said he does not have an outlook password rather than not being able … He said he does not have an outlook password rather than not being able to reset it...

Is it possible to have an outlook account without a password then?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. word association Game74244871
    2. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52322826
    3. Misco about to go into administration912
    4. Add one, leave one game54315392

See more discussions