Lost snipping tool on windows 10 laptop

Found 16th Oct 2017
As in title. dog jumped on keyboard and the screen turned around, I'm not good with tech so decided to system restore, it took ages and I've lost bits and pieces that were there before.
Does anyone know how I can get the stuff back, specially snipping tool and the snips of pictures I've taken please?
Can you explain in a way that I'll understand?
Community Updates
Ask
10 Comments
It's a simple fix when the screen turns around press

Control alt and arrow key to change the screen rotation
Type in snipping tool in the search bar then while you're using it pin it to your taskbar (right click on the icon and select Pin to taskbar) if you regular use it like me.

32262562-n5SLG.jpg
Edited by: "RiverDragon8" 16th Oct 2017
RiverDragon835 m ago

Type in snipping tool in the search bar then while you're using it pin it …Type in snipping tool in the search bar then while you're using it pin it to your taskbar (right click on the icon and select Pin to taskbar) if you regular use it like me.[Image]

Ranks one of my all time favourite Microsoft Tools. Remember the olden days of "print screen,paste,edit in paint" especially when you have an overzealous department about installing programs and locked down laptops/desktops.
Original Poster
RiverDragon81 h, 7 m ago

Type in snipping tool in the search bar then while you're using it pin it …Type in snipping tool in the search bar then while you're using it pin it to your taskbar (right click on the icon and select Pin to taskbar) if you regular use it like me.[Image]

When I type it in theres nothing there anymore! it doesn't show up at all! Its driving me crazy that I can't get it anymore!
Original Poster
RiverDragon81 h, 11 m ago

Just looking at yours is making me feel sad! I miss mine, how can I have deleted it when it came installed on laptop? the edge thing is a bit dodgy too but I never used that.
Try this click.
lizzie8429 m ago

Just looking at yours is making me feel sad! I miss mine, how can I have …Just looking at yours is making me feel sad! I miss mine, how can I have deleted it when it came installed on laptop? the edge thing is a bit dodgy too but I never used that.

Try this firstly.
Press Windows Key+R
Type "snippingtool" into the run box
Does it now appear?

Edit:Or RiverDragons better link, he types quicker than me lol!
Edited by: "cecilmcroberts" 16th Oct 2017
Original Poster
cecilmcroberts44 m ago

Try this firstly. Press Windows Key+RType "snippingtool" into the run …Try this firstly. Press Windows Key+RType "snippingtool" into the run boxDoes it now appear?Edit:Or RiverDragons better link, he types quicker than me lol!

I got it back! thank you so much! I hope it will stay put this time
cecilmcroberts15 h, 51 m ago

Ranks one of my all time favourite Microsoft Tools. Remember the olden …Ranks one of my all time favourite Microsoft Tools. Remember the olden days of "print screen,paste,edit in paint" especially when you have an overzealous department about installing programs and locked down laptops/desktops.

Defo, can't believe I only discovered it last year !
Original Poster
RiverDragon816th Oct

Try this click.

Thank you!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions