Lost stolen mobile phone problem, where do i stand?

4 replies
Found 27th Jun 2009
I took a phone contract out in may for my brother because they wouldnt take his card. Its with buymobilephones.net and is on there insurance. hes currently in greece, put his phone down to take a crazy golf shot, turned around and it was gone..

phoned up the insurance company but there closed till monday.. rang up orange who put a block on the sim and said if he goes instore they will replace the sim (which i thought was a bit strange as i didnt take the contract with them directly)

where do you think ill stand with the phone though when i call the insurance compay? will they send another one because its under insurance? anyone had a problem like this before? would it be covered in holiday insurance or because its in my name they wouldnt do that?

Cheers for any help

4 Comments

Its cool m8, I got a good price for it :thumbsup: lol

on a more serious note, you should check the policy details to see if that scenario is covered...

as mentioned above check the policy as some dont cover you for loss/theft outside the UK
In the UK you need to report to the police to get a crime reference number to pass onto the insurance company so you could get your brother to go to the police and see if they issue a crime number in case the insurance company wants one

If you tell the insurance company that he 'put his phone down to take a crazy golf shot, turned around and it was gone' they'll say it was left unattended and turn your clam down on the spot. . .

You might want to 're jig' that statement

steve1221;5609234

If you tell the insurance company that he 'put his phone down to take a … If you tell the insurance company that he 'put his phone down to take a crazy golf shot, turned around and it was gone' they'll say it was left unattended and turn your clam down on the spot. . . You might want to 're jig' that statement

:thumbsup: yes, honesty is always the best policy :-D
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. word association Game74244871
    2. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52322826
    3. Misco about to go into administration912
    4. Add one, leave one game54315392

See more discussions