lost the thread for the 7 inch laptop for 98 quid, anyone know where it is?

5 replies
Found 12th Jul 2009
There was an offer on here for one of those little laptops it was around 98 quid, cant remember what it was called, have tried looking and couldnt find it, think it was on about two weeks ago,

did anyone buy one? thinking about getting one for my sons 8th birthday, are they simple enough to use? any problems?

thanks in advance, rep added for usefull info.

1. Misc
  2. Laptop
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Laptop
5 Comments

Original Poster

dcx_badass;5727631

My 8.9" is only just usable, I recon a 7" would be too small, I recon … My 8.9" is only just usable, I recon a 7" would be too small, I recon it's worth the extra £50 and get an acer aspire one.

yeh i think it could have been 8 inch? im sure it was called an ee or something?

Original Poster

Susannah;5727778

Was it this … Was it this one?http://www.bargaincrazy.com/epages/BargainCrazy.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/BargainCrazy/Products/F04014C9/SubProducts/F04014C901D

no wasnt that one but that looks ok, i think it was maybe a bit bigger than that one too.

rockerfella20;5728510

yeh i think it could have been 8 inch? im sure it was called an ee or … yeh i think it could have been 8 inch? im sure it was called an ee or something?

There was a refurbished eee 700 2G at that price a while back. I don't know who it was with but Laptop's Direct have one in stock at the moment: laptopsdirect.co.uk/Asu…asp

There also have ]a selection of others, this blue one looks like the pick of the bunch as it's the 4G non-surf model for the same price: laptopsdirect.co.uk/GRA…315

They have an ]Acer Aspire One for £25 more, which does have a bigger screen, but it is reflective instead of matt and aparently the speakers aren't very good and it's SSD is very slow so I don't know whether it'd be worth the trade-off.

Be very careful what you buy as a lot of the cheaper ones like the OneT+ run non-X86 processors are are a lot less capable (for example, no flash support for internet browsing).

Original Poster

EndlessWaves;5728807

There was a refurbished eee 700 2G at that price a while back. I don't … There was a refurbished eee 700 2G at that price a while back. I don't know who it was with but Laptop's Direct have one in stock at the moment: http://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/Asus_Eee_PC_2GB_White_-_A1_A1-EEEPC2GS-W001/version.aspThere also have ]a selection of others, this blue one looks like the pick of the bunch as it's the 4G non-surf model for the same price: http://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/GRADE_A1_-_ASUS_EeePC_701_Blue_Netbook_A1-EEEPC4G-BU006/version.asp?PID=1315They have an ]Acer Aspire One for £25 more, which does have a bigger screen, but it is reflective instead of matt and aparently the speakers aren't very good and it's SSD is very slow so I don't know whether it'd be worth the trade-off.Be very careful what you buy as a lot of the cheaper ones like the OneT+ run non-X86 processors are are a lot less capable (for example, no flash support for internet browsing).

thats the one on the top i think, I will have a good look tonite before i decide, thanks for the hard work mate, rep given.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Add one, leave one game54415467
    2. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52522885
    3. The never ending counting with pictures thread !4604830
    4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread428314660

See more discussions