Groups

lost vista cd can i download on the internet?

Hi im reformating a friends pc and it doesnt come with the back up cd,it has the vista cd key on the laptop itself so was wondering if its ok to download a copy of vista and use that cd key?

also where could i dl this vista?

5 Comments

Banned

Its usually found on the second half of the hard drive in either hidden boot form or normal.

even if you download the OS DVD you may find it work because the key is specific to a particular type of DVD. You should have a secondary partition on the drive where the oem backup is. If not you could always ask M$haft for a copy by quoting your key and explaining the position. Failing that contact the supplier of the PC.:thumbsup:

Original Poster

So I'f I downloaded a copy of vista it might no work even if I enter the original cd key that is onthe pc??

strobez1977;6515385

So I'f I downloaded a copy of vista it might no work even if I enter the … So I'f I downloaded a copy of vista it might no work even if I enter the original cd key that is onthe pc??

As long as you match the type of license it should be fine which in your case means it needs to be an OEM CD rather than a retail CD.

John
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Baby seat hiring car abroad11
      2. Hamburg at christmas22
      3. Biscuit addiction1645
      4. Need help with buying a 4K TV for gaming34

See more discussions