Expired

LOST/STOLEN ONLY CAR KEY- PLEASE HELP US

Found 15th May 2008
TONIGHT WE HAVE LOST OR HAD STOLEN OUR ONLY CAR KEY. WE LIVE NEAR NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE AND OUR CAR IS A PICASSO. KEY CODE ANDLOG BOOK ARE INSIDE THE CAR TOO. CAN ANYBODY PLEASE GIVE US SOME ADVICE AS TO WHAT WE CAN DO. ALSO COST OF AUTO LOCKSMITH, NEW LOCKS, ETC

1. Ask
  2. Car
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. Car
26 Comments

Banned

phone police and then phone car insurarance

AA/RAC or whichever breakdown service you use should help. If not, you'll probably need a Citroen main dealer.

Original Poster

[QUOTE=danby jason;2106954]phone police and then phone car insurarance[/QUOT

INSURANCE SAID WHERE NOT COVERED FOR CAR KEYS WE RANG POLICE TOO

My husband lost his only car key (and house keys bundle etc) - and a company from Darlington came out - it cost £75 for call out - the key - plus a spare - 2 years ago

Original Poster

tony_s1;2106962

AA/RAC or whichever breakdown service you use should help. If not, you'll … AA/RAC or whichever breakdown service you use should help. If not, you'll probably need a Citroen main dealer.

BREAKDOWN COMPANY SAID THEY CAN ONLY TOW CAR HOME................................... LOOKS LIKE IT MAIN DEALER

Normally you need the log book to get a replacement key! What a bummer! I'm sure the main dealer could help you, perhaps give them insurance certificate etc. If you are worried about the car being stolen is their anyone you know that may have a wheel clamp as a precaution?

Original Poster

ILIKEBARGAINSME;2107007

My husband lost his only car key (and house keys bundle etc) - and a … My husband lost his only car key (and house keys bundle etc) - and a company from Darlington came out - it cost £75 for call out - the key - plus a spare - 2 years ago

ANY IDEA OF THERE NAME?

Banned

turn caps off.... it's a start

Original Poster

spammers;2107020

Normally you need the log book to get a replacement key! What a bummer! … Normally you need the log book to get a replacement key! What a bummer! I'm sure the main dealer could help you, perhaps give them insurance certificate etc. If you are worried about the car being stolen is their anyone you know that may have a wheel clamp as a precaution?

HOPEFULLY MAIN DEALER WILL HELP TOMORROW THANKS

Banned

goodluck btw and keep an eye on your car till the morning

Original Poster

imranmaz;2107029

turn caps off.... it's a start

?? I DONT KNOW WHAT U MEAN

I've asked him - but he can't remember - there can't be that many in Darlington

Didn't need to change locks or anything - quite amazing really - his was a Nissan Almera

http://www.materials.com/CROWBAR.JPGhttp://nathanconkey.net/techpages/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/philips-head-screwdriver.png
http://www.petbrick.com/brick.jpg

leannetw;2107047

?? I DONT KNOW WHAT U MEAN

Caps are classed as shouting, it's bad manners and aggressive.

Original Poster

bellabonkers;2107093

Caps are classed as shouting, it's bad manners and aggressive.

ah right sorry! new to this

leannetw;2107116

ah right sorry! new to this

i'll let you off then my friend lost his car key a few weeks back after we had been out and he had to pay either £75 or £85 (can't remember) for a replacement think he had to go through the main dealer.

Banned

my dad had to pay 170 for an extra key.. if your one has a built in alarm you will be looking to pay the same...

Id go to a citroen dealers with whatever paperwork I have for the car and some Id. I doubt theyll do the key without the logbook so i'd probably have to buy whichever window is cheapest and easiest to fit while i'm there:oops:

A window is cheaper and easier to change than a full lock set.
Remember to get a spare key once you sort the problem.

Can you wait? Main dealer has all the key info usually, but I'm not sure how it will work if you have no log book to prove ownership.

Original Poster

well thats not too bad we do hve insurance document with all car details on at home so we have some proof but thanks

Original Poster

oh thats steep and its not alarmed!!!!!!!!

Original Poster

jtx;2107226

Id go to a citroen dealers with whatever paperwork I have for the car and … Id go to a citroen dealers with whatever paperwork I have for the car and some Id. I doubt theyll do the key without the logbook so i'd probably have to buy whichever window is cheapest and easiest to fit while i'm there:oops:A window is cheaper and easier to change than a full lock set.Remember to get a spare key once you sort the problem.

thanks for that and we'll defo geet a spare this ime

Original Poster

MoneySavingG;2107229

Can you wait? Main dealer has all the key info usually, but I'm not sure … Can you wait? Main dealer has all the key info usually, but I'm not sure how it will work if you have no log book to prove ownership.

yeah its pretty safe where it we'll do it in morning now thanks

leannetw;2107350

A spare for a Picasso is around £100! :-( You could get just the key (without immobiliser) for about £10 but this would just get you into the car and couldn't start it.

tony_s1;2107391

You could get just the key (without immobiliser) for about £10 but this … You could get just the key (without immobiliser) for about £10 but this would just get you into the car and couldn't start it.

Well wouldnt that be handy right about now:whistling::roll:

leannetw;2107350

Been there wishing id had one:oops: Not a good idea to leave your logbook in the car though. It might get stolen etc
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Quidco Snow me the money Competition811047
    2. Magazine competitions - Issue 46 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1313
    3. Enter to win an iPhone X Anker competition33
    4. Win £500 worth of goods from RAF Museum's shop66

See more discussions