Loud PS4

Posted 27th Oct
Does anyone know of any methods to make the PlayStation quieter (without opening it) I’ve had it for a long time and suspect it’s because of the dust inside it.
Would using the hoover behind it work or is that dangerous?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

12 Comments
i bought a refurbished ps4 a while back and when i first booted it up it was really loud. Unfortunately the only solution i seemed to find was to open it and clean out the dust inside. There's many videos online that show you how to do it safely. If i can do it, i'm sure you will manage!
drywm27/10/2019 11:56

i bought a refurbished ps4 a while back and when i first booted it up it …i bought a refurbished ps4 a while back and when i first booted it up it was really loud. Unfortunately the only solution i seemed to find was to open it and clean out the dust inside. There's many videos online that show you how to do it safely. If i can do it, i'm sure you will manage!

Is it worth putting the time in?
Was gonna buy the pro but then found out the ps5 is next year, so for the next year I will be using this.
My 2014 PS4 gets loud whilst running BFV & Sniper Elite 4 so I tried opening it up to clean the dust out - only problem was that there was barely any dust in there. I think the older models just struggle with heat when running certain, possibly more intensive, titles.
Just a quick question do you use it vertically?
Dannyrobbo27/10/2019 13:17

Just a quick question do you use it vertically?

No, but behind it there is lots of wires
Jimathon27/10/2019 13:25

No, but behind it there is lots of wires

is it enclosed or anything
Painkiller27/10/2019 12:38

My 2014 PS4 gets loud whilst running BFV & Sniper Elite 4 so I tried …My 2014 PS4 gets loud whilst running BFV & Sniper Elite 4 so I tried opening it up to clean the dust out - only problem was that there was barely any dust in there. I think the older models just struggle with heat when running certain, possibly more intensive, titles.

This is what I mean it could just be that it is old mine is also the 2014 PS4 so I’m not sure if it’s worth opening
Dannyrobbo27/10/2019 13:26

is it enclosed or anything

I wouldn’t say enclosed as there is quite a bit of space, around 15cm between the back of the PS4 and the wall
Painkiller27/10/2019 12:38

My 2014 PS4 gets loud whilst running BFV & Sniper Elite 4 so I tried …My 2014 PS4 gets loud whilst running BFV & Sniper Elite 4 so I tried opening it up to clean the dust out - only problem was that there was barely any dust in there. I think the older models just struggle with heat when running certain, possibly more intensive, titles.

Ye same. Wasn't any dust at all
Jimathon27/10/2019 12:28

Is it worth putting the time in? Was gonna buy the pro but then found out …Is it worth putting the time in? Was gonna buy the pro but then found out the ps5 is next year, so for the next year I will be using this.

There's no harm in trying it out. The PS5 initial price will be quite high so I'm holding out with the refurbished pro i bought. It's up to you though!
PS4 is a loud system. The fans cooling it are absolutely tiny so have to work hard..!
have a PS4 Pro and its crazy load when playing certain games.. Mafia 3 and RDR naming a couple.

its very easy to take the top off literally just clips off and found no dust at all.. i really wouldnt worry to much if it gets to hot it will shut down and mine has not done that yet so its just the way the console is.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants