loughborough Uni

Banned 44
Found 20th Mar 2008
just wondering how many people from this forum are at loughborough uni, and which halls would you recomend!!!

thanks

XXX

44 Comments

Faraday or William Morris my friend says

how do you get wii, ps3 and 360 to link into uni o.O

Original Poster Banned

i heard there was a newly built hall is there any chance of gettin in that! thanks for ya reply xxx

Original Poster Banned

get good coverage lol , cheeky xxx

fair enough - i've been looking at loughborough - although not going to uni yet so i don't really need to look yet.q

Original Poster Banned

ive heard it is the 6th best in the country,
so t0mm what uni's r u considering?
x

Banned

I didnt know you could choose which halls you wanted to go into i thought they were assigned to you

Original Poster Banned

theres somthing about it in the web site, and when i went to an open day one of the people showing us around said somthing about it? a bit confused about the whole thing realy? thatnxs for any help though x

dothealsuk;1753349

ive heard it is the 6th best in the country, so t0mm what uni's r u … ive heard it is the 6th best in the country, so t0mm what uni's r u considering? x

The ones around the midlands

Banned

hmm might look into that, was hoping to go liverpool myself

Original Poster Banned

what about nottingham uni (not trent), is that a highly regarded uni?

dothealsuk;1753332

i heard there was a newly built hall is there any chance of gettin in … i heard there was a newly built hall is there any chance of gettin in that! thanks for ya reply xxx

John Phillips Hall will have high demand for it, that's the new one and the rest are building sites at the moment

dothealsuk;1753349

ive heard it is the 6th best in the country, so t0mm what uni's r u … ive heard it is the 6th best in the country, so t0mm what uni's r u considering?x

6th best but only because of its sporting pedigree

Original Poster Banned

u sound like a fan Warm applepie?

dothealsuk;1753399

what about nottingham uni (not trent), is that a highly regarded uni?

yes it is for sciences, particularly biology related.

Proximo;1753385

hmm might look into that, was hoping to go liverpool myself

if you want the social life, out of the ones you have mentioned, Liverpool and Nottingham would be good as Loughborough is a bit out of the way

Original Poster Banned

i had a little chat with a guy called gerty who made it sound amazing, but he did say the union and wild were the only good places to go out! so its a bit of a concern!!

Nottingham is one of the best too i think (not trent)
however it's a bitch to get in aparently.
nightlife is good too in the city centre - a bus ride away

dothealsuk;1753349

ive heard it is the 6th best in the country

12th best uni according to The times 2008 guide

extras.timesonline.co.uk/gug…php

Original Poster Banned

temted by Nottingham Now (not Trent LOL)

It all depends what you want to do .. my uni is bad in the rankings but has a good business department

it all depends on the subjects.
I've heard Aston/Birmingam can be good cos the social life is good.
Manchester uni would be great but a warning, Manchester is very busy and crowded!

Titchimp;1753461

It all depends what you want to do .. my uni is bad in the rankings but … It all depends what you want to do .. my uni is bad in the rankings but has a good business department

and which uni would that be?

What course would you be doing?

dothealsuk;1753457

temted by Nottingham Now (not Trent LOL)

You can just call it nottingham anyway - its the actual name

it is decent around that area though - or i think..

warmapplepie;1753471

and which uni would that be?

The embarrisingly bad University of Northampton. :thumbsup:

t0mm;1753503

You can just call it nottingham anyway - its the actual nameit is decent … You can just call it nottingham anyway - its the actual nameit is decent around that area though - or i think..

The student areas in Nottingham can be quite rough....gun crime is rife but you are unlikely to get caught up in it....it can be a tough city to live in for 3/4 years though..

Titchimp;1753512

The embarrisingly bad University of Northampton. :thumbsup:

eh. do they even have a uni? :oops:

warmapplepie;1753526

eh. do they even have a uni? :oops:

No i'm lying :w00t:.

Northampton university was actually originally started in 1261 but shut down by Henry III shorty after, the university of Northampton was then re-established in 1975 as Nene college, which then became Nene-university college, university college northampton and then finally University of Northampton in 2005.

There you go, a brief bit of history :whistling:

How about Nene University College Institute (NUCI for short)

Banned

my mates are at that uni and living there. Its a ghost town, but its cool once you know everyone.

warmapplepie;1753524

The student areas in Nottingham can be quite rough....gun crime is rife … The student areas in Nottingham can be quite rough....gun crime is rife but you are unlikely to get caught up in it....it can be a tough city to live in for 3/4 years though..

i've lived in it for almost 17 :giggle:

t0mm;1753714

i've lived in it for almost 17 :giggle:

silly me not noticing you live in nottingham....you going to uni there so you can stay at your parent's...
Let's all advertise a party at t0mm's house like they did on Radio 1 so we can trash it...;-)

I'm not going to nottingham university :thumbsup: i didnt say i was either.

Mr/Miss Warmapplepie Assumption.

t0mm;1753740

I'm not going to nottingham university :thumbsup: i didnt say i was … I'm not going to nottingham university :thumbsup: i didnt say i was either.Mr/Miss Warmapplepie Assumption.

so where are you considering?

Banned

warmapplepie;1753762

As a representative of Tom, considering all the information - he is in Nottingham.

warmapplepie;1753762

Well, which is the closest to you? I can pay you board and we can party there.

t0mm;1753740

I'm not going to nottingham university :thumbsup: i didnt say i was … I'm not going to nottingham university :thumbsup: i didnt say i was either.Mr/Miss Warmapplepie Assumption.

I assumed you were going to Nottingham Trent :evil:

warmapplepie;1753776

I assumed you were going to Nottingham Trent :evil:

Well assumption is very shameful.
I think you should apologise.

Northampton?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Anyone know where to buy cheap braided lightning cables for iPhone please?55
    2. Samsung S8 Case312
    3. Any recommend PC Speakers?36
    4. Any android box that will support android updates11

See more discussions