Groups

Louis Theroux: Savile

Banned
    Did anyone else watch this last night on BBC 2? 15 years on from when ''Louis met Jimmy''.

10 Comments

Original Poster Banned

Louis Theroux interviewed Savile for the BAFTA-winning 'When Louis met Jimmy...' in 2002 and remained on good terms with him afterwards
    http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/10/03/10/390CAC5800000578-0-image-m-2_1475487345676.jpg

Jimmy Savile gropes teenager in newly emerged Louis Theroux footage
    http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/10/03/10/390CEC6D00000578-3819383-image-a-3_1475487472357.jpg
    http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/10/03/10/390CEC8200000578-3819383-image-a-7_1475487585769.jpg
    http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/10/03/11/390CEC7700000578-3819383-image-a-1_1475491774580.jpg

This has just raised more questions than it has answered. Theroux is a clever man, clearly a thorough researcher and he knows how to interview. One of the paedophile's closest aids said that she had lied for her employer yet Theroux didn't think to ask her what kind of lies she had told for him? Come on. Whatever it was trying to achieve, it failed; it just gave a further sense that something is awry.

MrScotchBonnet

Louis Theroux interviewed Savile for the BAFTA-winning 'When Louis met … Louis Theroux interviewed Savile for the BAFTA-winning 'When Louis met Jimmy...' in 2002 and remained on good terms with him afterwardsJimmy Savile gropes teenager in newly emerged Louis Theroux footageThis has just raised more questions than it has answered. Theroux is a clever man, clearly a thorough researcher and he knows how to interview. One of the paedophile's closest aids said that she had lied for her employer yet Theroux didn't think to ask her what kind of lies she had told for him? Come on. Whatever it was trying to achieve, it failed; it just gave a further sense that something is awry.

huh, you think Louis is covering up for Saville?

Original Poster Banned

davewave

huh, you think Louis is covering up for Saville?

No I don't, having watched the documentary even Louis said he failed to see him for what he really was. I do think there is some guilt on his side for not being able to undo his secrets. But he is in now way to blame.

Jimmy: We can talk about anything, you'll find out how tricky I am.
    Louis: Slight pause
    Jimmy: I've got him on the ropes, I've got him on the ropes.

I think Louis could have asked more questions, but did lose his bottle.

Thoroughly depressing viewing but somehow you felt you needed to keep watching out of empathy for his victims. Cannot believe his ex PA still believes he didn't commit any of these crimes. Evil little vermin.

IMO, those would allowed him to have carried out what he did, were more evil than the man himself. Louis came too late in 2002 and was at the sunset stage of the saga any how, doubt if he uncovered more than what people know at least a decade or more before.
    I didn't watch it but here is a catchup bbc.co.uk/ipl…ile

Edited by: "splender" 3rd Oct 2016

MrScotchBonnet

No I don't, having watched the documentary even Louis said he failed to … No I don't, having watched the documentary even Louis said he failed to see him for what he really was. I do think there is some guilt on his side for not being able to undo his secrets. But he is in now way to blame.Jimmy: We can talk about anything, you'll find out how tricky I am.Louis: Slight pauseJimmy: I've got him on the ropes, I've got him on the ropes.I think Louis could have asked more questions, but did lose his bottle.Thoroughly depressing viewing but somehow you felt you needed to keep watching out of empathy for his victims. Cannot believe his ex PA still believes he didn't commit any of these crimes. Evil little vermin.

​ couldn't agree with you more, i somehow felt though, that when the victims said to luis that he was "hoodwinked" and the rest, he took it as some kind of justification that he couldn't of done more, when i thought maybe he could have? just my opinion. but Savile was never going to open up and confess anyway. he's still my favourite interviewer in documentaries no matter what. but I had the overriding feeling the show was more about putting luis, and what guilt he had, than uncovering more truths?
    I'm happy to admit I'm wrong lol

Here's something that may be of interest, I first saw this a couple of years ago, I was kinda expecting it to be picked up by the mainstream media because it's dynamite... especially from 19m12s in... but it hasn't been. Surely there's a few column inches to be written about it all being discussed openly by Savile and others in the early 90's on Channel 4...

youtube.com/wat…vXo

There were rumours that Savile had links to organised crime which may go some way to explaining why journalists, Theroux included, might not have been very keen on writing anything too derogatory about him. And why several police investigations prior to his death were abandoned on the grounds of 'insufficient evidence'.

Rubisco

Here's something that may be of interest, I first saw this a couple of … Here's something that may be of interest, I first saw this a couple of years ago, I was kinda expecting it to be picked up by the mainstream media because it's dynamite... especially from 19m12s in... but it hasn't been. Surely there's a few column inches to be written about it all being discussed openly by Savile and others in the early 90's on Channel 4...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kzW7N1MvXo

OMG

they were different times too, I remember being told a joke at work and everyone fell about laughing, I felt sick

Original Poster Banned

Rubisco

Here's something that may be of interest, I first saw this a couple of … Here's something that may be of interest, I first saw this a couple of years ago, I was kinda expecting it to be picked up by the mainstream media because it's dynamite... especially from 19m12s in... but it hasn't been. Surely there's a few column inches to be written about it all being discussed openly by Savile and others in the early 90's on Channel 4...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kzW7N1MvXo

The more I see about this bloke the more at unease I feel.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. How dangerous is Donald trump?34209
      2. Who's getting the Xbox X Scorpio? 60 day satisfaction1213
      3. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …90154
      4. Are these two things distinctly different to you?30115

See more discussions