Groups

Louis Vuitton pen, genuine?

After rummaging in my magic shed I came across my Louis Vuitton pen which was bought at an action a few years back. Think we paid about 70quid for it but it was on a whim as we, nor the auctioneer could guarantee it was genuine.
    Anyone know how we can tell please? X

85 Comments

Is "pen" a term for some sort of garment I'm unfamiliar with, or did you really spend £70 on a biro with a fancy design?

Banned

Ask louis

Original Poster

Lol we really spent 70quid on a fancy biro, I like pretty things x

You can search "Louis Vuitton pen" on google images and see if the same pen appears,

Do you have any of the stores near you ? I know we have one in Edinburgh and there are a fair few more dotted about the country.

The fakes are becoming shockingly good though, right down to the fake carrier bags and the fake receipts, which is why I will never buy designer 2nd hand (not that I buy designer all the time !! I aint no Paris Hilton), all you need is a download off the net and it gives you amazing receipts etc etc.

I bought a limited edition Stephen Sprouse Roses Neverful from Louis Vuitton for £800, then went on holiday with the bag to Turkey, and checked out the fakes..............a good few of the more expensive ones were identical !!! It was worrying how good they looked especially knowing that they copy receipts, gift boxes/bags etc. You could be ripped off so easily. Tiffany jewelery as well.........only way to know its not fake is to buy it from the shop or the official online store/authorised stockists I reckon. The rest you are taking your chances with now the tech to "complete" a fake is so up to date and freely available.

Edited by: "Skyebee" 26th Feb 2011

oO.....at spending £70 on a pen and £800 on a bag !

shopstilldrops

oO.....at spending £70 on a pen and £800 on a bag !

I know..................it took weeks of deciding, but at the time I was working 60hrs a week over almost 7 days, bringing up my kids alone and turning 30, I figured I was due something nice for myself and the bag was what I wanted. I worked hard for it and it wasn't going to be bought for me so I did it myself, I think everyone is allowed a little moment of shopping madness in their lives.

The funny part is that people whio have spent £800 on a bag look like chavs who bought one from the market for £15,

tonyg1962

The funny part is that people whio have spent £800 on a bag look like … The funny part is that people whio have spent £800 on a bag look like chavs who bought one from the market for £15,

Was that a bit of abuse aimed at me at all ? can you clarify that please, I like to know when people are judging me, thanks.

tonyg1962

The funny part is that people whio have spent £800 on a bag look like … The funny part is that people whio have spent £800 on a bag look like chavs who bought one from the market for £15,

What a silly statement!

Skyebee

I know..................it took weeks of deciding, but at the time I was … I know..................it took weeks of deciding, but at the time I was working 60hrs a week over almost 7 days, bringing up my kids alone and turning 30, I figured I was due something nice for myself and the bag was what I wanted. I worked hard for it and it wasn't going to be bought for me so I did it myself, I think everyone is allowed a little moment of shopping madness in their lives.

Your over 30!? lol

Original Poster

Thank you for your comments. I tried googling it but found nothing unfortunately. If its fake then it teaches me to stop getting carried away at auctions lol if its real then I see it as a good investment.
    Totally agree with the fakes thing, there are some very clever ones out there!
    There are no shops near me that I can check with, just thought someone on here might know.
    I'll take a pic if it helps?
    X

nikkib123

What a silly statement!

Dont have ay idea where that came from, not sure if it was the poster trying to be witty or if he actually just called me a chav.............either way, i would still like them to clarify it for me.

dh058977

Your over 30!? lol

??? What age do I look ??? I would have thought it was pretty plain I was over 30, I couldn't pass for any younger.

Original Poster

Skyebee

Was that a bit of abuse aimed at me at all ? can you clarify that please, … Was that a bit of abuse aimed at me at all ? can you clarify that please, I like to know when people are judging me, thanks.

I am so gonna use that come back! Lol made me smile x

Skyebee

??? What age do I look ??? I would have thought it was pretty plain I was … ??? What age do I look ??? I would have thought it was pretty plain I was over 30, I couldn't pass for any younger.

Id have guessed in your 20's based on the pic, I stand corrected!

Is there a picture we can see? Take some close up of the logos for me to look @

Original Poster

Pics, apologies for the photos, I'm rubbish at them lol
    http://i339.photobucket.com/albums/n444/princessplonk/IMAG0794.jpg
    http://i339.photobucket.com/albums/n444/princessplonk/IMAG0795.jpg
    http://i339.photobucket.com/albums/n444/princessplonk/IMAG0798.jpg
    http://i339.photobucket.com/albums/n444/princessplonk/IMAG0797.jpg
    http://i339.photobucket.com/albums/n444/princessplonk/IMAG0799.jpg

dh058977

Id have guessed in your 20's based on the pic, I stand corrected!

I am flattered, I am only 32 right enough, that was nice to read when I am sitting here looking old and tired lol

I would also say skyebee looks 20 odd.

amfan

I would also say skyebee looks 20 odd.

awww shucks, I am gonna have to use this pic more often lol

From looking at that and the pictures of the new Louis Vuitton styles, I would say that may not be genuine. Is the pen weighty? Is the refill a Louis Vuitton one?

pomp

Thank you for your comments. I tried googling it but found nothing … Thank you for your comments. I tried googling it but found nothing unfortunately. If its fake then it teaches me to stop getting carried away at auctions lol if its real then I see it as a good investment. Totally agree with the fakes thing, there are some very clever ones out there! There are no shops near me that I can check with, just thought someone on here might know. I'll take a pic if it helps? X

Its tough from pic's etc, I used to be good at spotting fakes but now its a minefield.

Original Poster

The pen is heavy, its not a Louis Vuitton cartridge its a GROSS one?
    X

Original Poster

BradyBrade!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pYOZduNhtY

On my mobile atm and it says I can't view it lol x

pomp

The pen is heavy, its not a Louis Vuitton cartridge its a GROSS one? X

Gross or Cross?

Also I think there should be a made in france on it somewhere, they do come with Louis Vuitton refills when new.

You spend £70 on a pen neither you nor the auctioneer could guarantee was genuine. If the auctioneer says he cannot guarantee if its genuine, it almost certainly isn't.

You might of well have found the nearest tramp and kept him in stock of whiskey for a week!

Original Poster

jonny619447

You spend £70 on a pen neither you nor the auctioneer could guarantee was … You spend £70 on a pen neither you nor the auctioneer could guarantee was genuine. If the auctioneer says he cannot guarantee if its genuine, it almost certainly isn't.You might of well have found the nearest tramp and kept him in stock of whiskey for a week!

Lol sorry I didn't realise it was YOUR cash I spent!

pomp

Listen, if you post here asking for help on stupid things you have done, then expect to get told

Original Poster

Pmsl that wasn't even a typo I genuinely thought it said Gross lol no its Cross x

aircanman

Gross or Cross?

pomp

This aint a dig at jonny I just quoted their post..................

Doesnt always work like that, I saw an auctioneer once vouch for something which clearly wasn't Tiffany, and this was meant to be a clever auctioneer, someone who had been on tv etc, gawd Tiffany didnt even make the item they were claiming was real.

End of the day Pomp, you paid what you thought was fair for an item you liked, it was your cash and thats all that counts.

As to comparing it to new pen models................we dont know how old it is, Vuitton has been going for years, unless you can get hold of back catalogues and find the actual model, Pomp may never know.

Original Poster

jonny619447

Listen, if you post here asking for help on stupid things you have done, … Listen, if you post here asking for help on stupid things you have done, then expect to get told

Yes you are totally right and I was well and truly 'told.'

I hate it when people get like this on here, the OP asked a normal question and then the money savers come online!! Useless!!

Original Poster

And it writes beautifully x

mumbojumbo

Nice detail and worth £70 even if it wasn't genuine.

aircanman

I hate it when people get like this on here, the OP asked a normal … I hate it when people get like this on here, the OP asked a normal question and then the money savers come online!! Useless!!

But this is a money saving website... Hmm, are you on the wrong site?

jonny619447

But this is a money saving website... Hmm, are you on the wrong site?

It is, but saying that alot of people on here reckon they are loaded? Hmmm. It is also full of people who think their opinion is needed. And in this case, it is not .

pomp

And it writes beautifully x

So does a bic

aircanman

It is, but saying that alot of people on here reckon they are loaded? … It is, but saying that alot of people on here reckon they are loaded? Hmmm. It is also full of people who think their opinion is needed. And in this case, it is not .

If I wan't to tell someone that buying a pen that for 70 quid that was probably made in a chinese sweat shop is stupid then I will, the sameway If I had done something like that then I would get told the same.

Talking about useless comments, what I said had meaning, your just trolling.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …277963
      2. Labour MP Naz Shah retweeted calling for abused white girls to shut their m…1434
      3. Your dream gaming set up?2658
      4. word association Game72944191

See more discussions